Prologue

Ok everyone, I have decided to completely redo this story as i ran into some serious writers block and could not figure out where I was going with it. SOOOOO on that note, please enjoy this story, I am going through as much as i can to correct any spelling and grammer errors. Please leave feedback, vote, and add this story as well as share it. I would love for this story to become popular enough to be up for a watty award at some point and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anywho, here is the prologue. ENJOY fellow readers!

------------------------------------------------

Orion McDowen looked around him. Bodies laid everywhere, blood covering the once spring, green grass. The sky darkened with black puffy clouds and the threat of rain around him was confirmed as a crack of thunder sounded loudly above his head. His beta, Olcan, came to him, wading through the sea of the fallen rogue wolves that lay around him. The stench of death, fear, blood, and a glorious victory surrounded them as they took in the scene that lay before them. They had shifted back to their human form not long ago, only so they could take a head count of their clan who had survived and found all but 8 of their 70 member defense had fallen in the battle.

"Alpha, the rouges have been defeated. Should we return home? I have only counted 8 of our men fallen in battle and they are being taken home in honor as we speak." Olcan asked, surveying the fields as well, kicking a decapitated head out of his way as if it were a pebble, laughing coldly as blood trickled from the neck and the jaw snapped open and shut as it roll down a small hill.

"I suppose we should, we have done well today, the lands are safe and so are the women and children. With so few losses I do think this should be cause for celebration, and our finest wines." Orion laughed, slapping Olcan on the back, causing him to cough as he choked on his saliva and the rancid smell that drifted on the cold breeze as the rain moved in closer still. "I will see you back at the castle, I wish to check the perimeters once again, just to be sure everyone is dead. I will not be long." Orion said shifting back into his huge brown wolf. He had only one marking, a four point white star on his chest. The rest of his coat was that of milk chocolate brown and his blazing ice blue eyes were enough to make any woman swoon.

He began to trot out of the sea of bodies towards the edge of his territory, taking a long deep breath of fresh air once he made it to the tree line. Once there he put his nose to the ground and began to sniff, making sure there were no rogue scents leaving the territory.

Fliddas started to zoom away from the battle she and Frigg had just watched, seeing Orion sniffing and scanning his territory and knowing the only reason he had decided to "double check the perimeter" was because he had still not found his mate. Orion knew that all the rogue wolves had been killed and no one had left, but the hopes today being the day he caught a scent of his beloved to be always enticed him to check the perimeter solo before retiring home for the night. "Look how much this man has been through, does he not deserve to find her? His one true love?" Said Fliddas. Staring through the bubble she too felt the pull of his icy eyes and could not help but want to take the warrior to her bed but knew it was forbidden. Her lustful thoughts were cut short as her dear friend leaned over her shoulder to get a better look.

"I suppose he does. No man before has suffered through as many wars and as many losses as this man and come out just as strong, if not stronger." Frigg replied, looking deeply in to the hovering mist. She too found it hard to resist his handsome features but being married she knew better. Supernatural and humans were forbidden to be bedded this close to Samhain and though she were loyal to her husband, she could still fantasize about him. "Such a warrior does deserve happiness, but it should not be given so freely. He deserves a woman who will be able to give him what he needs, a challenge. Someone who will not give in so easily. If she were to give in easily, he would lose interest and then it would all be for not."