𝗍𝗐𝗈

JORDAN A

JORDAN A. BANKS.
𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾, 𝙸𝙻.

"You sure you got everything?"

"Bro for the millionth time, yes Lani I do." Jordan huffed in annoyance, grabbing her book bag off the floor and placing it over her shoulder, she grabbed her keys and phone off the bed, pausing her speaker that was playing Fetty Wap.

"Girl not too much cause I was just making sure you straight before you go." Jalani mugged her, fixing a few of Jordan's curls that were going in the opposite direction or became too frizzy. "I love when you wear your hair out."

The girls went downstairs into the kitchen. Durk was on the phone while Nuski was eating his breakfast from McDonald's.

"Grand rising cousins." Jordan cheesed, walking towards the table and grabbing one of the McDonald's bags. "Y'all up to send me to school?" She asked, pulling out a McGriddle.

"Yeah and we got runs to make so might as well be up and productive. When you done eatin we out this bitch." Nuski replied, taking another bite of his food.

Jordan rolled her eyes, unwrapping the sandwich in her hand to take a bite of her own. No matter how much she tried in school, whether it was academic wise or being social with others– Jordan just wasn't good at applying herself. She's always felt like the odd ball no matter where she went and it was obvious people thought the same about her. Most of her high school career has been awful so she didn't expect anything new back in Chicago.

"I really don't have to go y'know? I can get a job, make some good money off that. You know I been doing nails for a minute? I can do nails up here and make bank."

Nuski side eyed Lani who rolled her eyes at Jordan, she was used to hearing the same thing over and over again.

"Don't you need a license to do nails?"

Jordan nodded. "Yeah but some nail techs don't have one they were self taught just like I was. But then I went to shops and showed them what I could do to see if I was nail shop valid and I am but never got my license or anything business related yet."

"So if you gon drop out without a high school diploma, how you gon get your nail license?"

Jordan paused from eating her food to silently stare at Nuski, unsure if she wanted to curse at him or agree with him. Lani giggled to herself in the back while she ate her breakfast sandwich shaking her head at her cousins.

"Yo cousin a drop out and became a successful drill rapper so if he can do it, so can I." Jordan cheesed.

"Now why am I in it?" Durk made a face.