Chapter Twelve - Moment Of Anger

After the performance, Petro and Weiss made exited the stage where they were greeted by an ecstatic Dwight Fry.

Dwight: Bravo, my friend! Bravo! You just saved my skin!

Petro: Did I now?

Dwight: That performance wowed the crowd! Mr. Schnee has already given me my pay for the performance. He was even kind enough to give me a bonus. 

Petro: Good for you. Glad I help out. 

Dwight: I'm off now. I got debts to pay. Till we meet again, my friend. 

With that, Petro and Dwight shook hands and parted ways as friends. Weiss was left puzzled by this. Petro could see the confusion on her face. 

Petro: It's a long story.

Soon enough, Weiss and Petro joined the crowd and began to mingle as the charity event went on. Petro could tell that Weiss was troubled. 

Petro: Something wrong?

Weiss: I thought things would be better if I left Beacon behind. Instead, I find myself feeling completely useless. People are risking their lives to fight this threat and I'm here in Atlas doing nothing. 

Petro: It's not too late to change that. You and I might not see eye to eye on everything, but we at least share the same ideals. We both want to help people and that's the common ground we share. 

As Petro said this, Weiss overhead a conversation between a trophy wife and her husband. 

Trophy Wife: But really, does it come as any surprise, what happened to Vale? It was a long time coming if you ask me.

Husband: Honey...

Trophy Wife: What? You said the same thing last night. If they're so arrogant to think they can get by without proper kingdom defense, then I say good riddance.

It wasn't long before Petro overheard this conversation. Weiss to his surprise lashed out. 

Weiss: Shut up! 

Her outburst had silenced the room in shock and caught the attention of her father. 

Jacques: Weiss? 

Weiss: You don't have a clue! None of you do!

Trophy Wife: Excuse me?

Weiss: You're all just standing around talking about nothing! Worrying about your hair, your money, your stupid problems that don't mean anything!

As Weiss pour her anger and frustration out, Jacques stepped in and tried to calm his daughter down. 

Jacques: Weiss, that's enough.

Weiss: Let go of me!

Jacques: You're embarrassing the family!

Weiss: I said let go!

Suddenly, Weiss loses her balance and collapses to the floor. She then inadvertently summoned a Glyph that summons a Boarbatusk. The Boarbatusk Summon charges toward the trophy wife.

Trophy Wife: Please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just leave me alone!

Just as Ironwood was about to shoot the Boarbatusk Summon, Petro leaps in and decapitates the Summon in a similar manner he did back at Beacon. As the Boarbatusk was slain, the trophy wife freaks out. 

Trophy Wife: Arrest her! What are you waiting for? She's insane, she should be locked up!

Suddenly, Petro aims his Lightsaber at the trophy wife. The whole room was shocked as Petro looked at her with anger in his eyes. He thought about all the people who died in Beacon. Hearing the trophy wife's words had deeply angered him and he soon lashed out. 

Petro: Ingrates.....all of you! Worthless ingrates! People died at Beacon! People died so you can sit on your ivory thrones in comfort! People died and your only reaction to that is apathy and ridicule! Why do we even bother with people like you?! If it were up to me, I'd leave you all for the Grimm! 

As Petro lets out his anger, his thoughts fell on the countless Jedi who had fallen during Order 66. He knew that the Jedi Order would've helped those people even in the face of such ignorant behavior. He had heard stories about how some viewed Jedi as mass murderers and baby snatchers. This along with the present situation had deeply angered Petro. 

Petro: You're all nothing but cowards and ingrates! You'll happily allow the Huntsman to protect you, yet you'll talk behind their backs! There are things beyond your walls that are coming for you and they don't care if you're rich and powerful. You might want to think on that next time you ask other people to risk their lives so you won't. Cause you just might get what you deserve. 

At that point, Ironwood stepped in. 

Ironwood: That's quite enough, young man. It seems you and the girl are the only ones here making sense around her. Thanks for the party, Jacques.

With that, Ironwood causally leaves the party. Weiss then gets up. 

Jacques: You and I are going to have a serious talk, young lady. 

At that point, Petro steps in. 

Petro: Maybe she doesn't want to....

Jacques: You would be wise to stay out of affairs that don't concern you, boy. Whatever business you have with my daughter is over. I'm taking my daughter home. If I find you setting foot on my property, I'll personally see to it that you're arrested and thrown in jail. 

At that point, Jacques left the party with Weiss and her little brother. The party quickly ended after. Petro then took one last look at Weiss as she boarded the limo with a somber look on her face. Petro's mission had now changed. 

Petro: Don't worry, Princess. I'll bail you out. 

Petro then began to track down Weiss. He knew tracking her down wouldn't be too difficult as he had to look for the biggest mansion in Atlas. Springing Weiss out would be another challenge.