twenty eight.

Depuis le début

Thailiana scoffed at his words, shaking her head in disappointment of his lack of sensitivity. "It's a fucking funeral, Thomas, business can wait, can't it?"

"Thailiana, if Ada was weeping, then I'd stop. But she's not." He told the brunette, not even turning his gaze away from his sibling. "The expansion means it'll be dangerous to be a Shelby in London for a while."

"Yeah," Ada glared at the man. "Well, I'm not a Shelby anymore. And I'm not a Thorne now, either. I'm free!" She smiled at her friend beside her before turning to her brother. "I've got to get Karl home."

Tommy let out a breath, ignoring the glare he was receiving from his girlfriend.

"I told you," The girl complained, gesturing to herself and Polly. "Let us do it."

"It's all right, I'll have some men watch her house till the danger passes." The rain poured harder than before, matching the atmosphere of the event.

"Till the danger passes." Polly repeated, sharing an unamused glance with the young woman next to her.

"That'll be the bloody day." She agreed, watching as the gang leader went over to his brother. She saw him turn back towards her, telling her to come to him. She did as told, curiosity getting the best of her.

"What's the matter?"

"The Garrison has been blown up."

——

        The Peaky Blinders hopped out of their cars as soon as they reached their favourite pub, staring at the burnt building. Thailiana couldn't help but swear under her breath at the state of it. She followed Polly and Thomas, thanking the police officer as he held the rope over her head to let her pass.

"It happened at exactly seven a.m," The officer explained, "Nobody saw anything, our patrols were not in the area. Mister Shelby, do you have any idea who might have done it?"

"I'd say it was something to do with the gas." Tommy pulled out a note from his coat, handing it to the officer. His girlfriend caught sight of the bribe and huffed, wondering who he thought it would be and why he couldn't say. "It's just been fitted."

Thailiana stood beside him and stared at Polly as she walked into the Garrison, or what was left of it at least. She came out seconds later, green confetti in her hand.

"This is all over the place."

"Confetti?" The young brunette questioned as she grew more confused than ever. "Was this a child or something?"

"You can go." Thomas told the police officer, the man complying to his demand.

"Who?"

"Who did this to us?" Polly added, noticing his silence.

He turned on his heel and left, leaving the two women standing in confusion. "I swear to god, if somebody else doesn't, I'll fucking kill him one day."

"Well, until he returns," The oldest of the two smirked. "Maybe you'd like to tell me what's happening in your relationship?"

"Oh, would you look at the time? It's time to go-"

"No, you're going to come with me and I'll make you a nice cup of tea while you tell me what my nephew's done now."