" just wear something casual" she responds, knowing that my clothes was the only thing I was worried about.

"Alright, I'll go get ready." I said after pulling out a glass from the cabinet. I willed the cup with some water and walked towards my room.

"Be ready in 30 minutes." my mother yelled down the hallway as I walked into my bedroom door.

Once I entered my room, I sat my glass down and opened my suitcase. Instantly, everything exploded since I stuffed the bag filled with clothes. I grabbed my makeup bad, ignoring the mess that just occurred, and went towards the ensuite bathroom.

I put on some light makeup, considering my face is already looking a tad pink, and brushed out my hair to let it air dry with some waves.

I went out of the bathroom, back into my room only to find my sister digging through my clothes.

"B, what do you want." I say, lacing my words with annoyance.

"I know you packed my white Grateful Dead band tee and I want to wear it." she says defensively.

I walked over to my bag and reached in to find what she was looking for. I threw it at her, and she gave me a bitchy grin, and left my room.

I threw on something casual, consisting of jean shorts, and a grey graphic tee. I slid on some high top sneakers, and went out into the living room. My mother was on the couch, reading a book, while my dad was next to her, probably doing work. He seems to never stop, even on vacation.

My sister, who is always the slowest one to get out of the house, filed in after me. Surprisingly, she was ready on time this time.

"Let's go! The sun is perfect right now, so we need to hurry so we can get pictures!" Byerly rushes all of us. Now I understand why she was actually ready on time.

We stammer out of the house, and into the rental car. We drove for about 10 minutes, and almost got lost, since my father couldn't exactly remember how to get back to where they went this afternoon. It's about 5:30pm when we arrived at the cute restaurant, which was right next to the water. The sun was setting, and it was so peaceful. My sister forced me to take a picture with her, and then we went to get dinner.

Once, we ate dinner, and walked around the sweet town, we headed back to the airbnb

Once, we ate dinner, and walked around the sweet town, we headed back to the airbnb. I changed out of my outfit, and threw on the same sweat shorts, and this time with a hoodie on top. I washed my face, and went back out into the living room. My sister did the same, and we found ourselves eating ice cream, and flipping through foreign Netflix.

"OMG! They have all of the Harry Potter movies!" Byerly squeals. She loves Harry Potter, but I never watched or read any of them.

"Ugh, I really don't want to watch that." I groan. Byerly rolls her eyes in response, and continues to scroll down the screen.

"Let's just hate-watch To All The Boys I've Loved Before again. I just love to make fun of Noah Centineo." she offers up. I giggle and nod. She played the movie, and my parents walked in after a while of being out on the patio.

"Not this movie again, girls." my mom scolds us. We ignore her comment, and go back to laughing at the plot line. Come on, love like that doesn't happen in real life.

I don't believe in love, because when I was younger, my parents never showed love in their relationship. They acted as friends instead of partners for my whole life, so I never truly was shown how a relationship should look like. As I grew older, I came to the conclusion that love isn't real, and it is only for the movies.

Once the movie was over, and my parents went into their room, I stood up and headed back towards my room. Byerly ran up beside me in the hallway, acting suspicious.

"Oak, listen. I have an idea." she whispers while looking back at my parents door, which is separated from us by the open kitchen and living room.

I sigh, sitting into my hip. "What this time, B?" I asked. She always is coming up with the elaborate plans, which usually get us in trouble.

"Okay, so one of my friends from college came here over spring break, and said that there are a bunch of crazy fun clubs all around." she says while guiding me into her room. "I think that since our rooms both have those glass doors, mom and dad won't hear us if we leave." she finishes.

I am hesitant about it, thinking of all of the things that could go wrong. What if our parents hear us, and we get in trouble? What if we get there, and can't get in because I'm not 21? What if we get kidnapped by a gang and are sent to their underground community where they hide out?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Byerly begging me to go. "Pleaseeeeeee Oakland! It will be fun, and you know that all of those scenarios that you are creating in your head are unrealistic" she argues.

"I'm not even 21, so I can't get into any bars, B." I whine.

"Jamaica's drinking age is 18, Oak. you are completely legal." she rebuttals.

I think for a bit longer, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

"Fine... but If I'm going to go, I need help picking out a fire outfit."

---------------

hehe... wonder what's going to happen when they sneak out??

hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

sending all my love <3<3<3