Chapter 3: Yes

~timeskip: at the library~

After walking through the large doors, Hinata sat down at his usual desk. Oh... he isn't here. Oh well, Hinata thought, I may as well get some studying done while I'm here.

He finished his math and science homework, worked on an essay, and then started studying for his history exam when he needed to go find a book. The particular book he was looking for, was on WWII. (OoP sorry I have no ideas for things to study ✌️😜) It was a book they had read for class, but he had left his copy at school. Oh well, with the size of this library they must have it.

He was reaching for the book when he saw a hand.. and felt it touching his. "O-oh, sorry," he heard a familiar voice say,
"You can take it." "Huh? Oh! Nekoma boy!" "Pretty boy," Hinata said internally. "Hm, yes Nekoma boy. I never did catch your name, though. Did I?" "Me? I'm Hinata Shouyo. You?" "Kozume Kenma. It's.. nice to see you." "You too! Um, but anyways here," he handed the book to the pretty boy- er kenma, "I can find another copy anyways." "Thank you, Shouyo." "No problem!" Both boys walked back to their desks to sit down.

Well now what Shouyo?? Hinata was talking to himself. Earlier, you said that if you see him again 'it's to be determined' well, time to determine! I've got to ask him out, or at least get his number. Hinata glanced nervously at the boy. "Gah! even the way he checks his phone is cute!" Hinata spoke softly to himself. Later, he decided would be the best time to ask him out. When he was about to leave! Yeah...!

~timeskip: shouyo is leaving~

"Hey err Kenma?" Hinata said. "Yes?" Said the bicolor haired boy. 'Oh god is he really..? Well, he is... sort of cute," Kenma thought. "I was going to run down to the coffe shop down the street to get something to eat. Do you, maybe, wanna come?" Kenma was silently. "Oh I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked we just met I-" "No, I would love too," Kenma answered the flustered boy.

"Yes."

Hell yes ur so good at this you human tangerine. Hinata was cheering himself on in his head as they walked down the street. Wait hold on I should be talking to him shouldn't I. God, what a horrible date I am. Wait... is this a date? Hinata cut off his thought by asking a question, "So what do you do for fun? Play any sports?" Hinata asked. "Well, I like to play video games. I do play a sport though. Volley ball." "OH right you already told me that haha," great job, asking something for the second time. How desperate are you? "Do you like volleyball?" Hinata pushed down his wavering thoughts with more small talk. "Yeah I guess so. I just play it cause it's there. My other friend would be lost without me, anyways. Also, I don't like being tired out." "Well, is your team good?" "We were supposed to be good a while back, but... yeah I think we're pretty good," Kenma had an intense stare in his eyes that pierced Shouyo's heart. So beautiful. "What about your team?" his question brought the orange haired boy back to reality. "Oh, well we're going to nationals this year. And, I promise, I'll make you love volleyball." "I hope you do."

Both boys halted at the front of the shop. They were here.

a/n; I considered cutting this off earlier, but decided against it. So many short chapters I know... I feel like this romance is progressing pretty fast, but idk how to make it slower. Might be kinda ooc for Kenma to talk so much without playing on a game. Or, for Hinata to study... periodt. I'm really sorry about that! I'll try and better my understanding of the characters whenever I write more. Maybe I'll actually post this book soon 👀

672 Words