Chapter 24: Unexpected Allies

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. Maybe he didn't?" Youngjae answered, looking unsure.

Both Jisoo and Youngjae wanted to believe their uncle Junsu, knowing how kind he was towards them. Youngjae noticed Jisoo's grim expression and shifted on his seat to face her.

"So your plan id to infiltrate your father—" Youngjae paused. "Sorry. I mean Jaejoong's inner lair to find Suji, since she's the only one who knows how to defeat him?"

Jisoo nodded. "That's right."

"I don't get it though." Youngjae exclaimed, looking more confused. "I mean, What's Jisoo's relationship with Jaejoong exactly? Why does it look like he treasures Jisoo like his own? Is Jisoo really Suji's reincarnation? Is that why he keeps Jisoo by his side?"

"Remember what Junsu said? He said they were planning to use Jisoo to turn the vampires back to being humans. He might have guessed that Suji wouldn't do it and so he plans to use Jisoo instead?" TOP stated to which everyone believed to be the case.

"Then what's the plan now?" Jinyoung asked this time, looking worriedly towards Jisoo's direction. "I still think that we shouldn't risk Jisoo's safety by letting her go back to that monster." Jinyoung gritted his teeth in anger towards his mortal enemy.

"But we must save Kim Suji." TOP stated, realizing that the witch his ancestor has pledged to protect was alive all along. "And my son will be with her." He added.

"I'll stay with her and protect her." Youngjae assured. "This time for sure." He repeated with conviction.

Jisoo smiled gratefully and Jinyoung didn't even tried to reason out more knowing that it would be futile. After all, Jisoo had already decided to do it anyway.

"Then I'll come back to the castle to inform Mark about the plan. I'll make sure that he will not do something that may jeopardize this plan." Jinyoung said and then pulled Jisoo up from her seat and ushered them outside the room where they were left alone to talk.

"Don't worry Jinyoung. I'll definitely save Suji." Jisoo said.

Jinyoung's brows knitted. "Are you hearing yourself now? Here I am worrying for your safety but all you think about is another's safety." Jinyoung scolded. "Please, Soo. Just be safe out there. I'm not with you so I couldn't help but get worried for you." He added.

Jisoo smiled. "I'll be fine. Youngjae's with me. And I'll make sure to ask for Jennie's help this time. I know they will help me."

"Alright. Be safe and please come back to me— alive." Jinyoung stated.

***

[Jennie]

I kept on sobbing as I kept thinking about Jisoo. I felt so pathetic, letting Jisoo be kidnapped like that. I was supposed to be a guardian and protect Jisoo. It's not just because of my obligation but I love Jisoo like my own sister. I was about to use the bathroom when my brother suddenly barged inside the room, looking excited.

"Jisoo-noona's back! She's here!" Yugyeom exclaimed and I quickly followed him.

As we arrived by the living room area, there I saw Jisoo being surrounded by uncle Junsu, Yugyeom and Youngjae. Tears started to fall from my eyes again and immediately ran towards Jisoo, hugging her.

"You stupid girl! Where have you been? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm alright Jen." Jisoo assured as she gave her smile and I smiled back.

"What happened exactly, Jisoo dear?" Uncle Junsu asked and in the corner of my eyes I saw Youngjae giving Jisoo a look.

"I— I somehow escaped. One of the vampire mistook me for someone else and I took that chance to get away." Jisoo answered and I saw uncle Junsu's face contort for a moment but then let it go.