3. |A Dozen Roses|

Start from the beginning

I can't help but tell myself off. It sounds stupid but.. just damn. She's different. I don't know what it is about her.. wait yes I do. She's different. She didn't chase after me. She's distant. She's not obsessed with looks and glitz. She gives love and respect to people that earn it, she isn't fake. She drives me crazy. And obviously I was too much of an asshole to earn her respect and love. For now, at least. "FUCK!" I yelled at myself, almost hitting a construction barrel. "I need to find a way to fix this before it's too broken to begin with."

*Katrina's POV*

Finally, we got to the hotel. Jon helped me with my bags and we went up to our rooms. I unlocked my door, threw my stuff down and fell onto the bed. I needed to relax before I jumped out of the window. I got undressed and got a shower. The hot water seemed to be the only thing helping me at this point. After about 45 minutes of scorching myself, I decided I'd get out and just watch tv and relax. I dried my hair and got dressed in an oversized sweater and my nike pro shorts. I didn't care how I looked, I was tired and alone. As depressing as that sounds, I liked it that way. I was texting Jon for a few minutes when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and opened it but nobody was there. I looked around and there was no one anywhere. Just when I was about to close the door I looked down and saw a bouquet of roses. Not just any roses, peach roses. My favorite color. "Who sent these.." I said to myself. I picked up the roses and walked back to my bed. I spun them around and found a card. It read:

Come down to the pool at 3:08. x

I looked at the clock and it was 3:03. "Fuck!" I said to myself yet again. I walked to the bathroom and put my hair in a messy bun and walked.out the door. I didn't bother grabbing shoes. It was the pool, not the golf course. It was dark outside so the pool would be lit up with rainbow lights and everything. I got downstairs and went towards the pool entrance. I checked my phone, "3:07 AM". I watched it, waiting for it to change. "3:08 AM". Finally. Fuck.. what am I doing..

I walked outside and saw the rainbow lit pool and a starry sky. It was a beautiful night. Not too warm or chilly at all. Perfect weather. Thank you mystery note, I'm glad I came here for one reason at least.

I walked around the corner and there he stood. Colby, staring me in the eyes from a bit of a distance, only seeming nicer this time.. I think.

He was standing there with another bouquet of peach roses. Yep. He sent them. No doubt.

"So, what am I doing here Lopez?" I smirked. He walked over to me slowly not saying anything. He set down the roses on a table and we stood face to face staring at each other for what seemed like forever.
"Well?" I laughed. He had a pained expression on his face, and he looked deeply saddened."Listen. I really did mean it. I am sorry. The way I treated you can't be justified. I treat all new people the same, but you.. didn't deserve that. And I deserved every punch you hit me with and 100 more. I don't think I could explain in words how upset I am that I treated you that way, and I don't care how mainstream or cheesy this sounds. We've known each other less than a day but it feels like it's been weeks. I don't know how to describe it.. but you're different. You're not like anyone else in that locker room, Kat. You're different and I love it. Look. I'm not forcing you to forgive me, but I will beg for forgiveness if I have to. I wanna make this right before it's too late. Please.." Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as he spoke. I really felt some sympathy for him.
"I mean, what you said wasn't the best but it could've been worse, Colby. No one's ever apologized to me.. especially like this. By the way, I don't know how you knew peach roses were my favorite, but thank you. I accept your apology and I'll give you another chance. But don't take it for granted. I'm not a forgiving person. Fuck up again and it'll be hard fixing it. But right now I want everything to be normal for me, meaning no rivalries the first night." I laughed and smiled. "YES! I PROMISE ILL BEHAVE I SWEAR I SWEAR!" He picked me up and spun me around

"Hey! Put me down, Lopez!" "Hmm.. fine!" He yelled as he threw me in the pool. *instant revenge planned*

"Ow!!" I yelled. "I got chlorine in my eye! Thanks a lot, Lopez!" He walked over and extended his arm out to me, and my plan would now work. "Here, let me help you out - -" he reached for my hand and I pulled him in. "You're welcome, night ranger." I laughed "Oh you're getting it now, Brookes!" He chased me around the pool but I got out before he caught me. He kept trying to catch me by chasing me around.

I ran in the door and caught an elevator up to my room. I figured he'd give up, but nope. As I was unlocking my door, he almost fell as he came flying up the stairs. "Here! You forgot these." He handed me the other roses I had left on the table. "You need a drink, superman?" I laughed. "Yes.. please.." he barely responded. I let him in and we chilled out for a while. I re-dried my hair and changed into a different sweater and another pair of my nike pro shorts. I walked out of the bathroom and saw him sitting on the edge of my bed staring at me. "Something you need, Colby?" I smirked "Oh no, nothing." He replied, continuing to stare. "Want something?" I laughed. "I already told you what I want." He smirked and stood up, walking over to me. "And that would be..?"
"You." "Why me, Colby?" I'm sort of confused..
"I told you. You're different. And maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But someday I'll have you, Kat. I know it." This man is gonna make me lose my shit. He's too good with words FUCK.

"And what makes you so sure about that, Lopez?" I giggle. "This." His hand raised, cupping my face, moving my hair. His face getting closer to mine. He pulled my hips against him and stared into my eyes. "I told you." He said, right before his lips locked with mine, and surprisingly I wasn't pulling away. The kiss was long, and kept escalating. Before I knew it, our clothes were off.. and the lights went out.

What did I just get myself into..