Chapter 5

We both run back to where Enola was sitting, both panicking. Enola could tell as soon as she saw us racing back inside the carriage. "He's coming!" Tewkesbury says.

"Of course..." Enola mumbles.

"He's checking every carriage."

"Wonderful."

We both look down at Enola while she gets herself ready to leave. "Look, we need your help," I say but she only glances at us. "He didn't see us."

"Of course he did," Enola stands up to our level. "Therefore, I say good day to you, Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether. Also good day to you, Miss Cecilia Adler." And with that, Enola left us both in the carriage, panicking still.

Tewkesbury picks up the torn bag from the floor and starts to fumble with it. "Alright, get me back inside the bag," he says as I stare back at him with the most confused look anyone has given him. "What?"

"The bag is torn open. You're not going to be able to hide in it again."

"Well I can if you can stitch it back together."

The look on my face only grew wider. "Do I look like I'm 80 to you?"

His eyebrows crease "Of course not. Why would you ask that?"

"Because I don't have a needle and thread, you buffoon!" I hit him on the head and he groans. "You didn't need to hit me."

Suddenly, the doors open and the man in the bowler hat appears with a slimy grin on his face. "Ah, there you are, sir" he says as he slowly walks towards us. He looks at me and taunts, "Got a friend you ya, m'lord? A skinny, short boy to accompany you?"

He immediately jumps forward and I was pushed to the side, as he pushes Tewkesbury to the door and opens it, holding him as Tewkesbury hangs onto it for dear life. Feeling a bit dizzy, I grab the stick that belonged to the man and hit him at his side. He moans in pain and lets go of Tewkesbury to hold his side.
With Tewkesbury now swinging about, almost about to die, I go to grab him but the man yanks me by my collar and pushes my back hard onto the edge of the seats. "Lea!" Tewkesbury screams.

I groan and try to stand back up however the man had his hands secured at my throat and I could feel my airway closing up. I try to break free from his grip but it kept on becoming more tight as I hear Tewkesbury yelling for me to fight it but it was slowly fading away.

Suddenly, I hear a grunt and hands loosen around my neck as I see the man now unconscious next to me. Above me I see Enola with the stick and she drops it to grab Tewkesbury before he was crushed to death. He immediately pulls me in for a hug and whispers,"You okay?"  I nodded my head.

"Hey" Enola interrupts, "come on, let's go!"

Tewkesbury ushers me to go first as we all ran down the carriages. "Who was that?" Tewkesbury asks out loud. "He was trying to kill me. I'm not ready to die on a train."

"I'm not ready to die at all and I was going to before I met you two nincompoops!" Enola shouts at us and I quickly became offended.

"Hey lady! He's the dumb one 'round here, not me! He thought it was a bloody good idea to run away in a middle of a tea party!"

Tewkesbury tries to defend himself. "Nobody even knew we left!"

"EVERYBODY had their eyes on you!" I spat at him.

"Enough!" Enola stops abruptly, which made us both stop too, and turns to us. "I just saved both of your arses from that man so if we all end up dying on this train, I will squeeze your kneecaps and pour cement down your throats, am I clear?!"

Both Tewkesbury and I slowly nod our heads and Enola continues to walk in fuming silence as we follow along.

"Just to be clear, you'd be dead as well," Tewkesbury mumbles.