Chapter 1

~~Soleanna 47 years later~~

“You’re nothing but a lying, manipulative, little bitch, just like that demon you were with. I won’t be surprised if you end up like him.” Those words played over and over in my head. It wasn’t true, yet it still cut deep. I wanted nothing to do with my adopted father. One of the reasons why I left.

With a shake of my head, I tried to get rid of those thoughts plaguing my mind. Gotta stay focused on the mission or the boss will be pissed, and besides, that was years ago before I left the assassin guild. I let out a small sigh as I glanced down at the festival from the rooftop I was on. Soleanna wasn’t my favorite place in the world, especially since what had happened. Enough. That’s enough emotional turmoil for today. Need to focus. Hard to do when the fireworks are deafening me a bit. I couldn’t hear what was being said and I couldn’t read the princess’s lips either from where I was at.

The princess soon lowered her torch to another, causing it to ignite and spread across the pedestal before lighting the big one, Clapping filled the air soon following by more fireworks, hurting my ears once again.

I shook my head and chuckled before jumping off the roof only for my ears to ring cause of missile fire. Everyone was panicking and running away. That’s when a giant airship appeared overhead, dropping off robots around the princess. A low growl resonated in th eback of my throat as I summoned a pair of ice daggers, intent on helping.

That’s when a big man came down in a strange vehicle. “A pleasure to meet you at last, Princess of Soleanna. I am Dr. Eggman.” So that’s Dr. Eggman? Definitely fits the description from what I heard on my travels. “I’ve come here to obtain the secrets of the Flames of Disaster from you.” The princess seemed to be clutching something when she heard that. I growled out in response. The Flames of Disaster? “And the miracle gems that are the key to its secret… The Chaos Emerald.” The princess clutched the item tighter as Eggman motioned her towards his direction. “Now Princess, this way please.” She backed away some and just when I was about to jump in and help, a blue blur appeared, circling around them before stopping. “My… That’s a pretty snazzy performance there.”

Well then. Seems that I’m not needed. I made my daggers disappear before running off, still hearing what’s being said. The princess is in your hands blue hedgehog.

“I finally found him… The Iblis Trigger.” My ears perked at that, but I disregarded that as I headed towards where my bounty would be. Not my problem. Iblis though… That is what he had said before. But what is an Iblis Trigger? Whatever. Time for that bounty.