Chapter 1:

Walking out of my dorm i see that no one is awake as usual.

i have to make it back to Madge's room in the next building over before 6.

i live in the admin building because of my relations, but to hide my secret i always sneak into her room before everyone gets up in the morning.

Madge and Clove are the only living people who know my secret- all the others ive told ended up dead eventually.

"hey i heard there's a new guy in our year." she says.

i sigh loudly. whenever a new student comes to CSNP i have to show them around.

they think if i can gain the peoples trust they'll be less likely to find out my secret.

and whatever my dad wants he gets.

hes overly protective of me. always watching me everywhere i go.

and yes in case you're wondering my father is the Dean.

everyone here hates my father.

hense why i keep my secret to myself.

"is he a jerk this time?" i ask in a low voice.

"i dont really know for sure. but ready to go 'roomate'?" she says winking.

i'm so thankful to have Madge.

wwhenever i invite people over she covers for me and lets me tell them i live in her room.

but of course it helps that she has no actual roomate.

i head straight to the main admissions office and my Aunt Amy gives me a warm hug.

yes sadly im related to almost the entire front office.

my father hired them to help "protect" me.

yet somehow no one thinks its odd that half the faculty here has the same last name.

"hello Katniss!" Uncle Cinna says waving kindly.

i give him a small smile before sitting down in one of the soft arm chairs waiting for the new student to arrive.

"why yes thats Katniss right over there she'll be showing you around." the lady at the desk says handing him his schedule.

"hey." he says calmly.

wow talk about beautiful blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes!

"hi." i say smiling.

"I'm Peeta."

"Katniss." i say holding out my hand for him to shake.

he does and i catch sigh tof his golden eyelashes, shining against the sun.

"here let me see your schedule." i say and he hands it to me.

yeah, the usual. hes in all of my classes.

"good its the same as mine." i say almost too happily.

did i just say good? no! what if he takes that the wrong way and thinks i like him? well i do.. but i dont want him to know that. and i dont want a repeat of my last relationship, may he rest in peace.

"Mr. Abernathy? is he any good?" he asks looking over his paper.

"depends. if you want to learn something than no. hes always either drunk or asleep. but m- the dean wont fire him because they're inlaws." i say hoping he didnt catch my slip up. "but its just homeroom so its mostly fun." i say as we reach the door.