Ch 1. A Demon in Driftveil

Start from the beginning

"Wait, Iris is calling me," he said while looking at the option to answer and put Alisha on hold.

"Okay, but we're on the phone—"

"I'll call you back—"

"Isaiah!" She yelled into the phone, startling the Pokémon beside her.

"I promise," he quickly switched over to answer Iris's call. "I'm watching the news—"

"Isaiah, go to Driftveil City," her voice sounded strained.

"W-What about the other cities—"

"Go to Driftveil, RIGHT NOW! That's where you're needed the most!" Isaiah could hear the howling cries of Pokémon in the background. A familiar Haxorus roar boomed through the phone.

"I'm on my way." Isaiah hung up the phone and grabbed a leather jacket from the coat hanger to go over his plain white t-shirt and blue jeans. The urgency he heard in Iris's voice couldn't have been good. She never called him late at night before, or even let alone yelled at him for that matter.

Floccesy Town was quiet as ever, not a wild Pokémon around. The streetlights illuminated the empty sidewalks and streets of the town. Sadly there was no time to sightsee. Isaiah called out his mighty Dragonite as they soared into the night sky. He couldn't shake the feeling of something truly menacing emerging in Unova.

"Faster, Dragonite," Isaiah said.
'Nite!'

Isaiah leaned in closer to his Pokémon as the dragon increase its flight speed. Before his mind began to think of the worst possible outcome, he felt a familiar presence. A shadowy figure appeared beside him and Dragonite.

"It's been a while, Darkrai," he said with a smirk.

The pitch-black mythical Pokémon, Darkrai showed its physical appearance. Darkrai only comes to Isaiah's side in dire situations. He hasn't seen the mythical since he left Sinnoh and haven't needed Darkrai's power. Having the mythical Pokémon show up on its own will, couldn't point to anything good.

"You haven't been taking heed to my warnings, Isaiah," Darkrai said aggressively.

"What warnings?" As he said that, something clicked in Isaiah's mind. The nightmares he's been having weren't just stress-related...it was Darkrai's doing. He would simply wake up in a cold sweat and not go back to sleep that same night.

"You're the reason why I couldn't sleep?!" Isaiah pointed at Darkrai.

"I was trying to communicate with you!" The mythical raised its deep voice.

"Is that what you call it? I'm sure giving me nightmares of near-death experiences from overly aggressive Pokémon appearing out of thin air was your best form of communication," Isaiah said as he continued looking forward.

"How could you not have known? Were you not forewarned of a threat?" Darkrai was more shocked than upset with Isaiah.

"Obviously not—"

"The girl should've informed you!"

"What girl? Darkrai what are you... Wait...if you're coming with me," Isaiah focused his sight on Driftveil in the distance. He knew whatever awaits him in Driftveil City could be the source behind the estranged Pokémon attacks.

                              ~🔮🔮🔮~

     As he approached the skyline of Driftveil City, Isaiah took in a big gulp. What he mistakenly took for a building was actually something he'd never seen before. Even Darkrai was lost for words, all the mythical could do was grunt in frustration.