Show Goes On [14]

Começar do início

"Let's see...I still live with my parents at their home since I would usually watch over my little sisters. Then I dropped out of college in the middle of sophomore year because it wasn't my thing." He looked at her with a surprised face.

"You dropped out of college? What we're you studying?"

"Business. I just didn't find all the information amusing. I hated class, and I hated waking up early just to sit through a lecture. Gramps and my parents weren't too happy though." They both laughed.

"Wait, I just realized you never told us how old you were."

"I'm 22, I turn 23 next June." She told him.

"Not to tone the whole mood down, but I'm a lot older than you, 30 to be exact." She laughed and shook her head.

"Are you insinuating that you think I'm too young to be with you?" She smirked, and he raised his brow.

"Because if you are—you're wrong. That's like a 8 year age gap." He chuckled and grabbed her hand from across the table.

"If you're fine with it, then I am too. I just don't want you sticking around with an old man like me." Kennedy scoffed.

"You're not old Jon, you're in your prime." Jon laughed and rubbed circles on the palm of her hand.

"Sure, if that's what you say, darling." He grinned.

"So why don't you tell me about yourself? Your mom or dad? Any siblings?" He tensed and shook his head.

Kennedy caught on quick and assumed it wasn't something he was comfortable about.

"Oh—I'm sorry, we don't have to talk about it." He sighed and looked up at her.

"I don't really got any family. My family consists of my friends like Joe and Colby." She nodded and smiled tightly.

"Well, that's alright, hopefully you got room in that circle of yours because I'd like to apart of it too." She beamed. Jon couldn't help but to nod his head and smile just as brightly as she was.

"It amazes me how positive and giddy you are, you know. It's like when you walk into the room everyone just becomes happy all of a sudden." He told her and she squirmed around in her seat a bit.

"I guess it's just because of everything that I've gone through in the past. I've just learned to look on the bright side and try to be the sunshine when it's rainy out. It can get exhausting always being sad. Trust me, I know from experience." She sighed.

"Tommy?" She nodded her head.

"He put me through a lot, but I'm thankful for all the crap he put me through because it has led me right where I am." He nodded his head understandingly and leaned across the table to kiss her lips gently.

"I've been meaning to ask you, since we're in this storyline, do you think we could start traveling together?"

"Honestly, I would love that. I hate driving because I'm scared I might crash." She said making him chuckle.

"Hopefully your dad approves, I really like you Kennedy. I care about you a lot." Her face softened and her eyes twinkled.

"I really like you too, Jon, and I care about you a whole lot. My first night working production, I got scared when you didn't get up from that dive." He snorted because he clearly remembered getting backstage and Kennedy asking him if he was alright.

"I guess we've always cared for each other, huh?" Kennedy nodded.

"You ever thought about getting in the ring?" She laughed and shook her head.