Before I could finish my song, a sob escaped my throat, causing me to have a full blown breakdown in the middle of class.

I felt arms wrap around my neck and I instantly knew it was Julie, standing up and hugging her tight. "I love you." She pulled away and turned to the music teacher. "I'm sorry, I can't do this today." and she ran out.

Flynn and I ran out of the room, stopping Julie before she could go down the stairs. "Girl." Flynn began. "You better get back up here. And you show them." She took my hand in hers, pointing to the music room. "You can sing!"

"I've tried for myself." She was crying, making me tear up despite the fact that I'd just controlled my own tears. "I've tried for Mrs. Harrison, I've tried for you, I've tried for Belle, I've tried for dad and I've tried for mom." Her voice cracked. I tried to step forward to hug her, but Flynn held me in place. "For a whole year, I've been trying. I can't do this anymore. I'm done."

I could do nothing but stand there and watch as she walked away. When she was gone, I immediately sat down on the steps and started crying, Flynn by my side.

I tried to go on about the rest of my day as normal as possible. When I got home I went to do some homework in my room, only to be interrupted by a text message.

papa💕
Julie is going through mom's
stuff. If you want, you can look
through it with her. Who knows,
there may be some hidden
treasure in there!

Belle
yea! i'll be down in a little.

When I finally did walk downstairs, Carlos jumped in front of me. "Woah, don't go out there, dude. Julie's crazy, she's talking to her ghost friend." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay?" I proceeded to walk out to the garage. When I opened the door, I saw Julie standing there, holding up a crucifix. "Holy hot bell peppers. Julie!? You didn't tell me you were inviting guys over!" I fixed my hair quickly and did a once over on my outfit. Sweatpants and a tank top, great choice, Belle.

"Wait, you can see us?" The one with shaggy hair ran over to me with a look of excitement in his eyes.

"Yea? Am I suppose to pretend I don't or something? Boys? What boys?" I played along, looking around the room like I didn't see any guys.

"Belle! These are ghosts." Julie looked at me with wide eyes. I looked back to the boy standing in front of me and stuck my finger out to touch him, watching as my hand glided right through his cheek. I calmly met his eyes once again before screaming and jumping away from him, onto the couch.

"Please stop screaming!" The blonde one yelled.

"I'm sorry! It's just not everyday that you're living The Haunted Hathaway's." I looked at the three ghosts and shivered.

"The what?" The one with black hair asked.

"Never mind. Who are you?" I hopped off of the couch and stood next to my sister.

"We're in a band called Sunset Curve." The shaggy haired one claimed. "Last night was suppose to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives."

"Well, you're dead, so... that's something." I awkwardly laughed, turning toward Julie who was pulling out her phone.

"What is that? What are you doing?"

"It's my phone. No! Stop talking to them, they aren't real. There's no such thing as cute ghosts." Julie laughed as I peered over her shoulder to look at her phone.

"Oh, think we're cute?" The black haired one asked, flashing a bright smile, causing me to smile too.

"Who you calling?" It was the blonde ones turn to ask questions.