" Chai piyenge aap? ", she asked looking at the man, who face was turned towards the sky, eyes staring in oblivion. They were grey now, his eyes with the dark specks in them looking quite clear in the moonlight. The dark hair of his ruffled slightly, his midnight blue t-shirt loose on him and the legs clad in black sweatpants close to his chest, he gave as beautiful as the aesthetics she has seen on Pinterest. (Do you want tea?)

Her cheeks started coloring red as she noticed that she was kind of checking him out.

His face turned towards her, as he heard her voice, the silver orbs glanced at the sky and then at her.

" Is waqt? " (At this time?)

" Haan, is waqt. Main apne liye banane ja rahi thi, toh socha aapse puch lun. ", she turned towards the door to hid her colored face from while he stood up stretching his arms. (Yes, at this time. I was going to make it for myself, so I thought I would ask you.)

" Tumhe chai banani bhi aati hai? I mean tum Turkey mein itne saal rahi ..", he said teasingly, moving down the stairs, behind her. They were speaking quite low almost whispering, since everyone must be asleep.

(Do you know how to make tea? You have been in Turkey for so many years..)

" You would be surprised, maine Turkish tea kabhi nahi banayi. I used to make chai, whenever I could. Mujhe sirf wahi banani aati hai. ", she spoke as they descended to the last stair. She was getting comfortable with him, it felt like they were again 14 and 18, only the difference was at that time it was Azaan who would make tea for her whenever they had study sessions at night and now it was her, Fariah who will make tea for them.

(You would be surprised, I never made Turkish tea. I used to make chai, whenever I could. I only know how to make this.)

She placed the pan quietly on the stove filled with water.

" Aur kya karti ho aaj kal? " (What do you do nowadays?)

" Filhal toh apni accountant ki job Turkey mein chodh kar aayi hun. Wese usse yaad aaya, mujhe wahan Firm mein baat karni hogi official resignation ke liye. "

(Currently I have left my accountant's job in Turkey. Well from that I remembered, I have to talk to the firm there for official resignation.)

" Haan toh kal kar lena. Waise accountant huh? Kaafi boring insaan ho yaar. " (Yeah do that. By the way Accountant huh? How boring you are.)

" Aap apne liye bolein. Konsa MBA karke maze kar rahe hain aap? Business hi sambhal rahe hain. "

(You talk about yourself. What fun are you having? You are just handling the business.)

" Haan toh ho bhi hai accountant ki job se better hai. " (It is better than an accountant's job.)

She shook her head, knowing it was better than to argue with him.

" Tumhe yaad hai Sania Bukhari? " (You remember Sania Bukhari?)

" Kon? ", she made a confused face at him. She had heard this name somewhere but was not able to understand where. (Who?)

" Abroo chachi ki beti? Humari second cousin? Kuch yaad aaya? ", he made faces trying to make her remember. (Abroo Chachi's daughter? Our second cousin? remember something?)

" Aloo bhukara..umm matlab jo aapke peeche goomti rehti thi wohi na? Haan yaad aa gayi. Uska kya? ", she finally remembered. The girl had a weird obsession with Plum. (Aloo Bhukara ... I mean the one who used to roam after you, isn't it? Yes, I remembered. What about her?)

" Uski agle hafte shaadi hai. " (Next week is her wedding.)

He spoke picking out the cups from the upper cupboard. Placing the cups before her, he went back to his previous position.

" Sach mein! Kisse? Usne to kaha tha ki voh sirf aapki dulhan banegi.. ", she teased him who narrowed his eyes at her. (really! With whom? She had said that she will only become your bride ..)

" Uske kehne se kya hota hai? Koyi raste chalta insaan keh jaye ki vo mujhse shaadi karega toh kya main aivayi shaadi karlunga? " (So what? If someone says she will marry me, would I marry her?)

" Arey arey maine aisa kab kaha. " she spoke, passing him the cup of tea. (I didn't said that.)

" Rehendo. Tab bhi sabko meri shadi ki jaldi thi aur ab bhi hai. ", he childishly turned his face away from her, after taking the tea. She snickered remembering when everyone would speak about his marriage whenever there would be anyone's wedding. (Leave it. Even then everyone was in a hurry to get me married and still everyone is.)

" Kyun nahi honi chahiye? Budhe hoke shaadi karenge kya aap? " (Why not? Will you get married when you are old?)

" Haaye allah ladki koyi aisa bolta hai apne best friend ko! ", he spoke in the same dramatic tone he used at the dining table that day. (Oh God girl! Does someone say this to their best friend!)

She chuckled and took the sip.

...

Fariah was sitting beside her Taya abbu, who had taken off from the office. They were discussing the headlines of the newspaper. Azaan and her phupha ji had left for office and the group of four youngsters was at college. Tayi Ammi and phupho were with Ammajaan discussing the things for Sania's mayun function tonight.

" Aage kya karne ka socha hai? ", Ibrahim asked to Fariah who took off her spects and looked at him. (What do you have in mind for future?)

She has made a call to her office in Turkey a few days ago. She had told them that she has come to Pakistan to live here permanently. That it was a family emergency because of which she left abruptly from there. It took an hour to convince the lady and a resignation letter to be sent from here.

" Abhi thode time ka break lena chahati hun taya abbu. College ke baad hi seedha office shuru kar liya tha. Abhi thoda time aap sab ke sath spend karna hai. Fir ek do hafte baad job search kar lungi. " (I want to take a break for sometime. I had started office just after college. Now I want to spend sometime with you all. Then I would search for a job in a week or two.)

" Sahi hai beta. Waise bhi itne saalon baad yahan lauti ho. Aur job hmari firm mein start karlena. Main Azaan aur Ali bhai se baat karlunga. " (That good. You have returned back after so many years. And you can start the job in out firm. I would talk to Azaan and Ali Bhai.)

" Jaisa aapko thik lage. ", she gave him her best smile. He saw a flicker of sadness in her eyes and decided to approach the topic they have been trying to avoid from few days. (Whatever you deem right.)

" Kareem ki baaton ko dil se mat laga kar rakho beta, galti un logon ki thi. Shaadi jaisa faisla agar bacchon ki razamandi se ho wahi behtar hai. Unhone tumhe bina bataye tumhari shadi karne ka faisla liya voh galat tha. Is faisle mein humein shamil nahi kiya yeh bhi galat tha. "

(Don't take the words of Kareem at heart, those people were at fault. Decision like marriage is better if it is done with the consent of the children. They decided to marry you without telling you it was wrong. They did not involve us in this decision, it was also wrong.)

" Taya abbu mujhe bura bass yeh laga ki voh mera nazariya nahi samjh rahe the. Beti main dono gharon ki hun, zindagi ka faisla koi ek kaise le sakta hai. Aur ab faisla lene ka haq unka nahi raha hai. "

(Taya Abbu I felt bad that he was not understanding my point of view. I am daughter of both the households, why only one can take the decision of my life? And now they don't have any right to take the decision.)

He nodded patting her head.

" Jao tumhari tayi ammi aur phuphi tumhe kapde dikhana chaha rahi hongi. "

(Go you aunts would like to show you the clothes.)

...