Chapter 7 ~ The Ring

He slides the ring onto my finger and give it a kiss. 

"For luck," he says about the kiss. 

We sit down at the table and everyone seems to be in a excited mood. My parents are happy and smiling. Both of the with champagne in their hands. My brothers were big smiles and are talking to the people around them. Family was flown in for the event. And Colton's family looks to be in high spirits as well. 

Everybody raises this glass and a toast was made to us, the newly engaged couple.

We walk over to my parents after dinner.  "Mrs. Colombo..." says Colton. 

"Yes, Colton?" she asks. 

I know that he is trying to act nervous when he really is not. "I was wondering if I could keep your daughter here for tonight. So we could get the house tour out of the way. You know what I mean?" he asks, winking.

"Yes, I know! This house is humongous! It is like a castle! Yes she should stay here! She should get to know her new home." My Mother said. 

I roll my eyes. Does she really believe that? God. Why do people have to be so ignorant? 

At around eleven at night, everybody is getting in their cars and leaving. Even my parents. My mom and dad kiss me on the cheek, tell me they love me, and wish me goodnight. 

God. My parents are fools. 

How could they think this would ever work? How could they do this to me? 

After everyone has left Colton shows me around the house as quickly as possible. Then he shows me the room we should be sharing. I didn't want to sleep with him. But I don't think I have much of a choice. At the very least, I should try. 

I go into the bathroom and pull open one of the drawers and find makeup wipes. Huh? Wonder how many girls he has brought here that have used these? 

After I get out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my body and peek my head out of the door. "Colton!" I yell. 

"What?" he asks, coming out without a shirt on. Damn. I could lick those abs. 

"I don't have any clothes," I say. 

He throws me one of his shirts. Well, I wonder how many girls have worn this shirt. It stops beneath my ass. I only have a thong on underneath. Well, this is great! 

I walk out there and grab some of the blankets on his bed and head to the sitting room. I lay down on the couch and try to go to sleep. A little while later, Colton comes and picks me up bridal style and takes me to his bed. Well, I tried! 

"I don't want to sleep in your bed!" I yell. "I want to be alone! Haven't you already done enough today?" I am sobbing now but I can't help it. 

He sets me down and brushes the tears off of my cheeks for once being gentle. "You are going to have to do this sooner or later. Why not now?" he asks. 

"Why don't we do this later, then?" I ask. 

"Because, I want to do this now!" he yells.

"No," I yell back. He slaps my face. 

"Don't raise your voice at me, little girl. You will be respectful to your husband. And that better start now," he says. 

I laid down and shut my eyes. There is no way he will see my cry. I have to be strong. And with that thought I fall asleep.