𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Third-Person POV

Privet Drive, Surrey

An elderly man walked down the street in long robes and took out a sort of device. With this device, he pulled all the life out of the lampposts surrounding him. He then walked further down the street, stopping at a cat. 

"I should have known that you would be here... Professor McGonagall." Dumbledore stated with a small smile. The cat suddenly shifted into human to reveal a gorgeous older woman.

"Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumors true, Albus?" McGonagall said with a clear tone of worry in her voice.

"I'm afraid so, Professor. The good... and the bad." he replies.

McGonagall stared with almost disbelief. "And the boy?" she says with the same worry.

"Hagrid is bringing him." She once again stared at Professor Dumbledore in disbelief, encouraging her next sentence;

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

"Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life." replies the man. Professor McGonagall stood there nervously, waiting for the boy to be delivered.

A motor sound similar to an airplane was heard, and the two professors looked up to see a flying motorcycle. In it, Hagrid and the boy that they had been so worried about. Hagrid was a fairly large man, given that he was a half-giant.

"Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall." Hagrid boomed. "No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" asked the male professor. 

"No, sir. Little tyke fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake him. There you go." Hagrid responds, with a little chuckle. Hagrid handed Dumbledore a bundle with a small baby wrapped inside it.

"Albus, do you really think it's safe, leaving him with these people? I've watched them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are-" asked a still worried McGonagall, only to be cut off.

 "The only family he has." McGonagall lightly scoffed. 'How could he do this to a boy who's already suffered so much.' she thought.

"This boy will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know his name." said McGonagall, almost as if she was trying to convince him to keep the baby away from the horrible family. She wondered what possibly could happen to the poor child, being raised by some of the most cruel of the non-magical kind.

"Exactly. He's better off growing up away from all that. Until he is ready." McGonagall was still quite shocked by the actions Dumbledore was taking.

It was the first time, she truly questioned his actions.

The old man placed the small boy onto the door step of 4 Privet Drive. Dumbledore told Hagrid not to cry, for after all it's not really goodbye. Dumbledore took a small step towards the door and placed a letter addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, on the bundle when the boy lays asleep.

"Good luck... Harry Potter."