The Meathead's Epiphany

Start bij het begin

It was nice, Nate mused to himself as he reached for a bag of twizzlers. He could've just taken him to some jam-packed movie theater where they wouldn't have any privacy, and would probably end up seeing the latest over-rated, lame-ass slasher movie.

It did, however, create one little problem.

Nate had seen this movie, like, a gazillion times. He knew every line by heart, and could've probably even recited them in his sleep. There was something, or rather someone, however, he found much more interesting than whatever was flashing up on that brick makeshift screen.

Erik was sitting right next to him, the two of them alone, on the rooftop. The starry night sky really wasn't helping. Nor was the moonlight, or the way it seemed to illuminate Erik's face at just the right angle.

And what made it worse, Erik didn't seem at all bothered by the fact that they were sitting here, alone, actually watching the movie instead of having a little hormone fueled fun. Nate could feel his fingers curl inward as his body tensed. Gah. This was absolutely killing him.

Why the hell did he have to be such a gentleman about all this? For once, Nate wished Erik could be like a normal teenage boy, and take advantage of the fact that him and his date were alone in the dark with no one to see where hands wandered and lips explored.

He tried to keep his eyes on the screen, he really did, but willpower wasn't exactly his strong suit, especially when it came to Erik.

He really did have nice arms. Not too big, but just toned enough. And his hair was definitely run-your-fingers-through worthy. Nate wondered absentmindedly if it would smell like whatever shampoo he used. Probably some sort of clean scent, like-

"Nathaniel."

Nate snapped his head away from Erik and back to the screen. Crap. He'd so been caught.

"Are you not enjoying the movie?"

Nate blushed furiously. "No-I mean yes. I am. I'm enjoying the movie."

Nate could feel Erik's eyes on him, studying his face for a second before averting his gaze back to the screen. He had to know. I mean, c'mon. He could always tell every other time he lied. Nat wished, just this one time, Erik wouldn't believe his lie.

It wasn't like he could just come out and say Yeah, so I'm horny. Can we mess around now?

65 torturous minutes later, the credits rolled in front of them, Erik still the same distance away from Nate he'd been at the movies start.

"I suppose I should take you home now-"

"Why haven't you kissed me yet?" Shit. Had he really just said that?

Erik turned his head to the side so that he was facing Nate. He could barely make out a suggestive smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Well, I'll definitely have to remember that Finding Nemo turns you on for future reference."

Nate shot Erik a frustrated glare. "Finding Nemo does not turn me on. You do."

Oh man. He really needed to keep his mouth closed, because he was digging himself a grave here.

"Do I?"

"Oh please, like you don't freaking know. Do you get off on seeing me squirm, Erik, because I'm really starting to think it might be some sort of sick fetish of yours?"

"Well, I wouldn't go that far."

Nate stood up, too flustered to remain sitting. "Stop it! I'm serious. You think it's funny that I'm sitting over here wanting to make out or whatever while you're sitting there with just about as much interest in me as you'd show reading the freakin' newspaper!"