Chapter 1: Who I Am

Začít od začátku

"A kidnapper, huh?" I keep a mental note about keeping lights on at night, and to make sure that all windows and doors are closed. "And just to women? How rude.....you think we are weak?" I mumble to myself as I click onto the next one.

you think we are weak?" I mumble to myself as I click onto the next one

"Ah....yes. I remember this guy..." The memory of a crime scene at an old lady's house pops into my head. The old lady was talking about a 'handsome' young man that looked like a doctor had come to try to drug her daughter. Luckily for them, the old lady was ready with a gun and scared him off. I've always wandered why we never asked her about the gun, but the past is the past.

I sigh as I grab my personal phone out from my back jean pocket. The ring lasts for about two minutes before someone actually answers. "Hi! How much are your security cameras?"
——————————————
A cool breeze blows through my dark brown hair as I walk out of the shop. A grocery bag hangs from my small fingers that hold my newest master piece. Security cameras. There's no way in hell, I'm going to let that doctor guy drug me while I do my work. It could be really bothersome.

I decided to put the bag in my car and walk down to the fast food place. As soon as I get my food and sit down at a booth, the news starts.

"A man has been found murdered in his home last night. Jeremy buldridge was found dead in his living room at 3:00 AM in the morning. Luckily, his wife and kids have not been injured in any way."

A woman with blonde hair comes onto the screen. She seemed frightened and sad for her loss. "I....I don't know who could have done this.....Jeremy was a good man, and I don't see why this would happen to him...." She trails off.

"Bullshit..." I mumble to myself.

"I see, thank you, Mrs. buldridge. Can you tell us anything more about the scene?"

"Like that's a question to ask a witness right after she has seen everything...." I mumble once again.

The woman looks at the news reporter oddly, before hesitating to answer. "U-um...yeah. I suppose so. He usually wears his glasses all the time, besides going to bed, or taking a shower.....but they were nowhere near him.....someone must have stolen them."

"Was there anything else stolen in your home?" The news lady asks.

"N-no....I don't think so..."

"Well, we appreciate your honest answers, Mrs. Buldridge. We all give you good luck to you and your children." The lady turns back towards the camera with her fake smile. "We bring to you live in Missoula, Montana. Thank you for watching, and stay safe everyone." And it cuts out to a football game.

I scoff after I finish my food. "What amateurs." I mutter out, earning glares from people who were sitting around me. I ignore them and walk out of the building. As I walk towards my car, I see a man in a white button up shirt with black slacks walking around my car. He seems to be peering inside through multiple angles. "Hey!" I yell out to him, and he turns abruptly towards me with a shocked expression. But he doesn't run away. "What are you doing? Trying to figure out if you want to steal it or not?" I ask, getting closer to the drivers seat so I have better access to my gun.

"Me?" His playful smile doesn't give off a positive vibe. "Why of course not! I was only looking at your jacket here in the back seat." He points to it, and sure enough, there was a jacket sitting there.

But there could be no way he'd be interested in that. "Okay.... and your interested in my jacket because....?" I question, keeping an eye on him from across the car. My car is small, leaving me a little room to be able to look over on top of it. At this point, I was glad I got this small car. I'm not a very tall person.

"Because...." He says playfully, "It's the same college I went to! I was only surprised!"

Never mind, he can be interested in it. "Oh...." I blurt out, kind of feeling bad for accusing him of something. "I'm sorry for accusing you of trying to steal my car...."

"Not a problem! It's only a natural thought when seeing someone looking into your car." He steps around towards me. His hands were laying behind his back.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that...." I say, more focused on his arms. "So you went to the college? What did you major in?" I ask, trying to not make this awkward.

"I'm a doctor! Just working at that hospital right over there!" He points to the big white building that towers over the other buildings and trees across from us. "And you, Miss...?" He leans in a little bit.

"Grimes. Cassy Grimes." I give him an off smile. "I'm sure you saw it on my police stuff that's sitting in there." I look at the pile I put in there this morning just in case it was needed.

"Ah, yes. You caught me, Officer! Well done!" He claps loudly.

I'm already starting to get annoyed of this guy. "Well, I better be getting home. I have some reports to fill, not a lot of time, you know?" I ask, opening my car door without taking my eyes off of him. His smile grew bigger as he takes his hand out from behind his back.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Officer Grimes! If you need anything, I'll be in that hospital right over there!" He points once again.

I give him a hardy laugh before nodding and getting into my car. He reluctantly went back to his own car, and I easily backed out.
————————————————
Hours later, and I finally finish putting up the security cameras. It's starting to get dark, and I get ready for a long night ahead of me. I sit on my comfy desk chair, and open the small drawer on my right. I grab my gun and set it on the desk, just in case. A loud clutter sound makes me flinch, but my eyes follow down to the floor to see what it was. My hands carefully grab the bloodied glasses.

"I should clean these, huh?" I chuckle before stuffing them back into the drawer.