Numb and Alone (Edited)

Începe de la început

  He smirked and then looked down, “I know I look like crap and I haven’t even bothered to come see how you were doing anything lately, but something happened between me and Nevaeh and I’ve been trying to fix it.”

  I nodded and then looked around, “Where is Nevaeh anyway? She normally comes to see me.”

  He lowered his head and didn’t meet my eyes, “We got into a fight. She’s at Hogwarts already. You’ll see her when you get back.”

  I nodded wanting to ask what happened but knew I couldn’t. “Is she coming back as Nevaeh, or is she still River?”

  Draco shrugged and looked down, “I haven’t talked to her about it. I haven’t seen her for a while either. I went back home yesterday and my mother was in tears. I had to stay hidden but I did comfort her as much as I could. The Dark Lord isn’t too happy with me and he wants to punish me but my mother convinced him to wait until the end of the school year.”

  I nodded and turned to look out the window, “What about me?”

  I could feel his eyes staring into the side of my head and I heard him sigh, “He wants you to come to him, my mother told him you had a mental break down and meant nothing of what you said. He thinks if you truly meant what you said you would find him and let him know. He’s waiting. You wait too long though and he’ll know that you were either faking or had one serious mental break down.”

  I nodded and closed my eyes not wanting to talk about this anymore. Realizing this he got up and went to leave, “Nevaeh and I weren’t ignoring you, Nikki, we’ve just had a lot going on lately.”

  I nodded again and heard him open the compartment door then leave, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

I was in my dorm sitting on my bed, I had just gotten done putting my clothes back to where they were supposed to be. I was thinking about dinner, Harry and Luna had been late to dinner, and Draco looked conflicted. Nevaeh-or River-was nowhere to be found. Harry had blood dripping down his face, and Ginny was all concerned. (I know this is not how the real story goes. I know in the real story Draco attacked Harry at the beginning of the school year but I really wanted it to be now, you shall understand why when I get there. Thanks.) Come to find out Draco and Harry had gotten into a fight which had wound up with Harry paralyzed and with a broken nose. Harry didn’t talk to me, but then again no one did. I was okay with that, I wanted to keep to myself.

  I sighed and stood up getting ready for bed. I put on my black skull fuzzy pants and black tank top. Just as I was getting into bed Hermione came in crying with Ginny by her side.

  I sat up and looked at them confused. Ginny saw and sighed, “Nevaeh just called Hermione a ‘Mudblood.’”

  My eyes widened in shook and I got out of bed quickly and ran out the door.

  I got downstairs in time to see Harry slip out into the hallway with Draco. I ran out the door and saw Harry and Draco turn to see me. I walked up to them and took Draco’s hand in mine.