Chapter 3-The Midnight Runaway

"River, go get my car started," Jonathan said as he tossed him his keys.

"You got it?" River said.

I try to stand up but my head hurts especially my nose. I almost fell back down from how light headed I was. I just thought how someone could hit a volleyball that hard.

"Careful, I am going to take you to the hospital ok." Jonathan said as he gently grabbed my arm so I wouldn't fall over.

"I don't need your help, I just want to go home and pretend that I never met you," I said yanking my arm out of his grasped.

Out of everyone that could of hit me with a volleyball it had to him, wow I am the luckiest girl ever, not. He looked at me shocked and frustrated.

"What's with the attitude," He asked kind of frustrated. "I'm just trying to help since I was the one who hit the volleyball,"

"Great another reason not to like you-"

"What do you mean you don't like me, you don't even know me." he said as he was walking closer still trying to help me.

"Well when you have a sister like mine, you learn a few things." I said still trying to walk away, but I am so light headed I fall backwards into his arms. He laughs a little and helps me up.

"Come on let's take you to the hospital. If it is a broken nose then you are going to need to medical assistance." He said as he was walking to his car.

I gave up and followed him to his car. When we got to his car I couldn't help but gasped. It was a blue convertible, (lets just pretend he actually had a blue convertable) it looked so cool.

"You like it he asked?" he asked, even though he knew the answer. I just smiled and nod.

He helped me into the car and then I realized something important.

"Wait what about my sister?" I asked trying to get out of the car to go find her. Jonathan grabbed my arm to hold me back.

"Don't worry, River is going to find her and tell her that I am taking you to the hospital," He said with his stupid smile.

"Stop doing that!"

"What am I doing?"

"That thing you do with your face, you do that stupid smile and look into a girls eyes expecting them to fall for you, well it isn't going to work so don't even bother,"

He was kind of shocked by my response but then examined me even more, like he recognized me from somewhere.

"Are you that girl from earlier today who rolled their eyes at me because I simply smiled," He asked.

I looked down, I was kind of embarrassed that he remember that incident from today. I just looked out the window trying to avoid eye contact.

He starts the car and starts driving to the the hospital. It was very awkward since no-one was talking and he had no music on, but he was the first to break the silence.

"Listen, I don't know what I did to offend you but why do you hate me. Did I do something wrong?" he asked with his eyes still on the road.