1.

Omniscient
2016

"Rina, what the hell is going on?" Malai glanced at a distressed sister then quickly back to the rocky road.

Between the tears and wheezing, she didn't know what to acknowledge first. She had only been gone for an hour— maybe not even a full 60 minutes like 40. But now she was back and Carina was acting like she'd seen a ghost. Better yet like she had killed someone.

"Is it because of me?" Mariah wiped her tear turning to the backseat.
"I didn't mean to bother you. I just didn't know what to do"

Taking multiple deep breaths she quickly shook her head. Carina was going through so much right now and couldn't get herself to focus. She was crying, panicking, and feeling stomach pain at the same time. She was having a full-blown panic attack and no one knew it. She could barely speak to make them aware.

"Alright, I'm taking you to the hospital" Malai shifted her gear.

"Malai" She let out.
"It's Quin. It's freaking Quincy"

"I know you're hurt right now but you don't have to speak to him—"

"No. He came to the house. We got into an argument and I just can't— I can't think. I said some things and he left" She cupped her face wailing more than she was before.

"Oh, I didn't know" She quickly glanced back.

Tapping Mariah's shoulder she waited for Mar to look in her direction. She didn't at first because she wasn't currently there.

She was in her mind thinking of the horrifying night she had herself.

Tapping her again she finally looked over jumping for the scare.

"I'm sorry" Malai looked at her oddly as she didn't know why her gentle tap frightened her.
"Can you rub her back for me?" She questioned lowly.

Nodding she unhooked her seat belt fully turning in her seat. Carina was hunched over so Mariah caressed her back like asked.

Malai was hoping the gesture would bring Carina comfort.

Mariah, on the other hand, had no idea why she needed comfort in the first place.

"Rina I think you're having an attack. I feel like you need to go, somewhere" She smacked her wheel out of frustration.
"Fuck I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. You're freaking me out"
She stressed.

This night was starting to become overwhelming to Malai.

First being approached with information about Q's infidelity, then packing all Quincy's things.

From there she was driving around some ghetto looking for some girl and now this.

She had never experienced real anxiety before but she felt like she was now.

She had two ladies in her car who'd had the worse nights of their lives and she didn't know what her role was in this.

"Can we stay with you tonight" Carina breathed herself to a calmer state.
"I can't be in that house right now. It's too much going on just please take me home"