𝐗. 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Beginne am Anfang

"What have I taught you both?" He asked, his voice was serious and stern. It would intimidate anyone else but them. They were tired of him. "In order to be the best, you have to be number one. No exceptions. Tomomi, you have to yet to show me you are worthy of being the best."

Of course. Because Shouto is your favorite experiment. She thought bitterly, starring daggers into her plate. She doesn't blame Shouto for his favoritism but she did hate it when he would constantly remind her that she will never be as good as her brother. Her own father couldn't always look at her because of how much she looked like their mother, Rei.

The very one that he sent to a mental facility after she burned Shouto's eye.

"Nothing is ever good enough for you, huh?" She said in a emotionless tone. "No, of course not."

"Watch who you're speaking to, young lady." Enji warned with a scary frown on his face while Shouto bit back a chuckle. "Need I remind you of who you're talking to?"

"Enji Todoroki, aka Endeavor, The Hero Who is Second to All Might." Tomomi replied with sarcasm in her voice as she smiled at him in the same manner. "Did I miss anything?"

With that, she stood up from the table and stormed off completely. But not before she heard Enji yell at her. "GET BACK HERE, RIGHT NOW!!" But she ignored him as she made her way home. She didn't care if he was going to be mad at her.

"Congratulations, Father." Shouto said after a moment of silence. "You've managed to get all of your children to hate you, good luck."

He stood up from the table and began walking away. Also ignoring him as he yelled at him.

Shouto looked at his sister's facial expression and immediately regretted mentioning it. All he ever wanted was for her to have some type of normality in her life. He didn't really care much about himself, he was going to prove to their father that he can be the best without his quirk. Tomomi, however, was a different case.

She, like Fuyumi, was born with their mother's ice quirk. And because of that, Enji saw her as the lesser twin. Which meant he made her train even harder than Shouto with her ice. Which was why she was always better than Shouto when it came to that. But because she was identical to their mother, Enji treated her as if she was a painful reminder. He didn't know why, it was Enji that ruined the family. Not Rei.

But he still saw his use in her. Which is why he raised them the same way. But Shouto could tell that she had a taste for being normal. Maybe she didn't want to be a hero. Either way, he would make sure to always be there for her. No matter her choices. No matter what their father says.

"Hey." Shouto said, causing them to stop in their tracks. Tomomi looked at him, wondering what he wanted to say as he stood in front of her.

"It looks pretty like that." He complimented, moving a hair from her face, taking the hair clip from her hair.

He pushed the red streak and some of the white hair on the same side back and used the shiny hair clip to keep it in place. Tomomi looked on shocked by his actions. Shouto smiled after he was done and placed a hand on her shoulder. "That's better." He said. "Now, everyone can see your face better."

Tomomi smiled softly, thankful for him. Really, if it wasn't for him, she probably would have gone crazy already. "You should be the one to talk." She joked, continuing on to school. "Your hair is always in your face."

"Shut up, I like how I look." He replied back in the same manner as they made it to school.

"Todo-chan!" Mina greeted wholeheartedly as soon as she saw the ice wielder enter the classroom. She tackled her into a big hug, which almost caused her to lose her footing.