Chapter One

The weirdest thing about becoming social media famous is the sudden influx of people wanting to know the ins and outs of your life.

I went from being a girl posting singing and very bad dancing videos to an account with 300 followers to having around 750,000 followers in two and a half weeks

That was around three or four months ago, I now had 5.5 million followers on TikTok and 2.3 million on Instagram.

I'd be lying if I said my ego hadn't grown a bit, with companies contacting me to do brand deals or sponsors, I even got a few famous followers; Charli, Dixie, Mads, Nessa and Bryce Hall.

Charli and I have become extremely close despite living 2,000 + miles away from each other. We Facetime almost every day, she already came to visit me in Texas which was so fun.

After a few days in Texas Charli brought up the idea that I should move to L.A to grow my following and meet new people that became popular the same way as me.

I didn't tell my mom until Charli had gone home.

My mom was not too keen on the idea of her only daughter moving thousands of miles away from home in a whole other state with strangers.

But when I told her that I'd have Tayler, she became a bit less wary. Tayler was one of my older brother's best friends in high school before he moved to Los Angeles.

Tayler always treated me like family. He's like an older brother to me.

Charli said that I could go back with her when she visits the hype house again for press conferences and meetings.

She said she'd pick me up in Texas and then take a plane to California.

So, here I am. A 17 year old girl with a few million followers, sitting in a car with Charli D'amelio, about twenty five minutes away from The Hype House.

"I think Avani and Kouvr will love you" the girl beside me squeals excitedly while writing a caption and tagging me in her new instagram post that got around 40,000 likes in the first ten minutes.

"I'm so scared right now Charli... what if they all decide that I shouldn't be in the house." I start.

She looks at me with a shocked expression and pokes me.

"Excuse me. Amelia, are you kidding me...you're one of the most likeable people ever."

"I've seen Thomas' video, it has to be a group decision." I whine, right now I sound like a wounded puppy.

She rolls her eyes before looking at me again.

"Just trust me Lia, they'll love you"

¤¤¤

We pull up towards the large house and the driver helps us carry my luggage since Charli already had a suitcase of clothes here from her last stay.

"Thank you" we both tell the kind man before Charli knocks on the door.

I can here yelling and laughing from inside. It sure sounds like chaos in there.

I internally scream when a boy with dark hair, and painted black nails opens the door and shoots Charli a smile before looking at me weirdly in a state of confusion.

He was wearing a graphic t shirt with stressed jeans and converse. He also had some chains and a few rings littering his fingers.

"Hey Charli, who's She?"

He asks pointing towards me, my face flushing a deep shade of pink from embarrassment and the fact that I'd followed him on Tik Tok for Eight Months.