Chapter 7

Readers POV

My memory started to become hazy. I slowly stood up and looked at Zenitsu. He looked familiar t me. But I couldn't remember where I saw him.

"(Y/n)~" He cried.

"Zenitsu!!! Get out of the way!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I look to see a boy with a scar.

He looked familiar as well, but I couldn't remember from where.

The blond boy ran to the boy with a scar. I chased after. I tackled the boy with the scar because the blond moved out of the way the last second and just as i was about to bite into his neck, he pulled out a sword and made me bite the handle as he used his strength to keep my face from his.

"(Y/n)! Don't give in to the hunger. Remember who you are! What you look for! Why you're a demon slayer!" He yelled. "You said life is special! That you would protect it!"

Tears started to fall from his eyes. Slowly but surely memories flooded into my head. the demon attack of my parents, Ms. Tomoe. Why I loved life. Why I became a demon. And my friends.

"You wouldn't hurt anyone," Tanjiro said as I lighten my force as I slowly remembered. Tears started to fall from my eyes. "remember who you are"

I stopped trying to attack him and looked around. I then looked down at Tanjiro and remembered what just happened.

"T-Tanjiro... I....." I said as I started to cry. "I-I'm sorry~"

'Why would I attack them? Why would I forget them?' It thought as tears flooded from my eyes.

I got off him and helped him up.

"Nice show kids," Said and 30-year-old man clapping his hands as if he was making fun of us.

We all ignored him. I was still crying. Tanjiro tried comforting me, but it didn't really work.

Tanjiro took us to the old man's house and I sat on the couch looking down. I was disappointed in myself. I stopped crying but I wasn't talking.

"Here," Said the old lady giving me some hot chocolate.

My shakey hands took the drink and I took a sip and immediately spit it out in disgust.

'I-I love hot chocolate?' I thought 'Did she put something in it?'

I set the cup on the coffee table. "What happened?" Tanjiro asked

Everyone was in the living room.

"It... it was a man," Zenitsu said. "Once we said Tanjiro said he wore hanafuda earrings, he scratched (Y/n) and she turned into.... a... a demon," Zenitsu said

'Im, not a demon though' I thought. 'I wouldn't eat anyone~'

"Kibustuji" Tanjiro said with venom in his voice.

"I-I'm sorry~" I mumbled as tears started to come to my eyes once again. "I-I was hungry... a-and... I didn't remember..... I don't know what got into me. It's my fault. I should have listened to Z-Zenitsu and not t-trust him"

"It's fine~ The same thing happened to Nezuko," Tanjiro said "I know you didn't mean it"

"But i could have K-Killed you~," I said

"But you didn't," The old man said. "You remembered who you were"

I looked back down and quietly whimpered to myself. "C-Can I still be a demon slayer?" I asked.

"Yes," Zenitsu said.

I looked at Inosuke. He was eyeballing me. "Inosuke....... if I ever attack a human....... kill me," I said. "Don't even hesitate. Just kill"