Slumber

Ray opened his eyes. Where was he? Everything seemed- blurry. He didn't remember a single thing, except for his name. And somehow, he knew his name was important. He would have to remember it. Just three simple letters.
R, a, y. R, a, y. R- a? But what next? No, no, no! He felt his vision get darker, and he passed out. The last thing he heard was a faint shout for his name.

He woke up on the ground. How much time had passed? A day? Maybe even two.
"You're awake!" He felt someone leaning over him, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Finally! C'mon, open your eyes again. Don't think I didn't notice it. You opened your eyes for a second."
"Who are you? And please don't touch me."
He pushed the person away, and sat up. He didn't want anybody touching him, who did this figure think he was? His head hurt. A lot. And he didn't like it.
"Whaaat? Ray, don't be stupid. You can't have forgotten me. I was your most loyal servant- your buddy! I even came with you all the way to this... disgusting place."
"Is my name Ray? What's yours?"
Ray slowly opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings. He was sitting on a hard floor. The walls of the room he was in looked like they could use some work. So did the few pieces of furniture. Two chairs and a table. Was that all? Well, there surely wasn't a bed. Why else did he sit on the floor?
"It looks like you really did lose your memories. I'm Zaāb. Strange name, I know. Although you chose it, so I shouldn't complain. I'm your servant, as I said earlier. Would you like anything? I could get you some food. It would only take a few minutes, I could just take some from a random human. Do you maybe want some water?"
"I'm fine- Zaāb." Yes, that name sounded strange. And why 'servant'? He felt confused. "Could you please explain why we're here? And why you are my 'servant'?"
"Later, Ray. You need to rest, your fragile little human body still needs to get used to you. You've already slept for 3 days straight, but I feel like it's still not enough."
Zaāb pushed him back down on the ground, covering his eyes. "Sleep." Ray immediately went into a strong daze, and he just accepted his sudden need to sleep. He heard footsteps leaving the room, a door getting shut, and then nothing.

"Ray! Your food's here. I got you- what are these things called? Strawberries, I think. They should have at least some nutritional value. Probably not enough to get your energy back, but it's still something. Open your mouth."
Ray opened his mouth without even opening his eyes first. He felt tired, he didn't want to do anything at all. But he also felt hungry. Hungry- he hadn't ever felt that before. It wasn't pleasant.
"Very good, I knew you could hear me."
He felt a round shape in his mouth. He chewed on it. Surprisingly soft. He swallowed, opening his mouth again afterwards. That 'strawberry', as he heard the other person- presumably Zaāb again- call it, was surprisingly good.
"Hungry? Or course you are. I've got plenty, you can eat as much as you want. I can eat later."
He felt another strawberry in his mouth, and he ate it quickly. The two kept repeating this process for quite some time, Zaāb giving annoying comments from time to time. At least the guy got him food.
"And that's all of them. Can you try sitting up? Maybe stand? Don't tell me I fed you for nothing."
Ray slowly sat up. The pain in his head was gone, that was nice. He opened his eyes, seeing a worried face in front of his own. Black hair, bright red eyes, and a grin. An odd combination. He wondered what he looked like, maybe Zaāb could get him a mirror.
"I think I can stand. Could you help me?"
Zaāb hurriedly helped Ray stand up. At least he didn't fall, he thought to himself. Walking would still be a problem.
"Ray, I think you should sit down again. You look pale. I wouldn't want you to overdo it."
Ray closed his eyes again, leaning his full weight on Zaāb. He fell asleep again.

——
If this gets 10 views, I'll write more chapters. It probably won't anyway.