Chapter 6: Combat Training

NO ONE'S POV:

(The students are still outside doing their Quirk assessment test.)

Blonde boy: He threw it over 700 meters!

Brunette girl: Nice, he's finally showing us his true power!

(Y/N): Damn, Midoriya!

Iida: But his finger appears to be broken now. Just like in the exam. His Quirk is very odd.

Belly button boy: It wasn't a very pretty throw.

Bakugo: [gasping]

Bakugo's thoughts: What the hell was that? If he had a Quirk, he would've gotten it when we were kids! This is impossible! He's up to something.

Bakugo: [growls] I'm getting to the bottom of this.

(Bakugo runs off to confront Midoriya.)

Bakugo: Deku, you bastard! Tell me how you did that, or you're dead!

Midoriya: [screams]

(Aizawa stops Bakugo from going any further with his scarf.)

Bakugo: What? Why the hell is your damn scarf so strong?

Aizawa: Because it's a capture weapon made out of carbon fiber and a special metal alloy. Stand down. It'd be wise to avoid making me use my Quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye.

Students: Too bad. That power is amazing!

(Aizawa lets go of Bakugo.)

Aizawa: You're wasting my time now. Whoever's next can step up.

Bakugo's thoughts: Until the exam, he was nothing. A little bug I could crush if I wanted to. Just an annoying bug that I can smash into the ground.

(After that the remainder of the tests occur & Y/N does the best on the seated toe touch because when he stretches out to touch his toes, he would make his arms huge & and they would stretch out over way past his toes.)

Aizawa: All right, time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual's score.

(Y/N's thoughts): I think I did fine.

Midoriya's thoughts: The person ranked last is gonna be expelled. And the only test I was any good at was the softball throw! Can I squeak by on that score alone? I bombed the rest of the challenges!

(The list is shown & Y/N is ranked ninth behind Kirishima while Midoriya is ranked last.)

(Y/N): Not bad, Kirishima!

Kirishima: Thanks, bro! I just got lucky.

Aizawa: And I was lying, no one's going home.

(The students are shocked by this.)

Aizawa: That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests.

Perfect girl: I'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out. I'm sorry. I guess I should probably have said something.

(Y/N's thoughts): That would've been nice.

Weird elbow boy: That was pretty nerve-wracking, huh?

Kirishima: Nah, I'm always down for a challenge. How about you, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): On occasion.

Aizawa: That's it. We're done for the day. Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning.