"I know," the male chided, his words warm with remembrance. Then he froze, too. "Wait..." His head tilted off to the side as his eyes fogged up with a profound confusion. I know...? Know what? "I don't know where that came from... Sorry."

And this time, Soonyoung couldn't bring himself to break the silence.

----

"Oh, you're hom--oooo la la. You brought a friend?"

"Seungkwan, this is why I don't invite you over."

"Oh, bite me."

"I'm not so sure you would taste good."

"My boyfriend says I taste delicious."

"Yes, but boyfriends are supposed to lie to make their significant others feel better about themselves."

"Touche."

"Uhm, guys?" Yet again, Soonyoung was the one to break up the bickering between Junhui and Seungkwan. He knew that more often than not, Seungkwan was the one who started things, but that didn't relieve the stress of being in the middle of a confrontation, no matter how serious it was. "Listen, Jihoon is gonna be staying tonight. Is Seungkwan?"

Seungkwan quickly shook his head, answering the question right away. "Nope," he grinned, making sure he popped the 'p' like he was chewing his favorite kind of bubblegum. "I have a date with Hansol tonight. Thank but no thanks. You actually caught me on my way out."

Jihoon remained silent. He was more focused on keeping his gaze glued down to the ground, hiding the puffy redness that bordered his eyes.

"Well, have fun. Don't get pregnant."

"Dude!"

"Just saying."

With a playful scoff, Seungkwan slipped past the two hovering by the door and exited the warm and cozy home. He didn't bother to say goodbye to any of them, because he knew that they wouldn't be mad about it. It was just part of his "charm."

Soonyoung took a deep breath in through his nose before offering a smile. "How was your day, Junhui?"

The male--who was usually in a good mood--frowned and tiredly shook his head. "Nothing too great. Thanks for asking. You?"

"I'd have to say we're in the same boat."

"Guess so."

The shot each other a half-hearted smile, silently exchanging information about their situations with their eyes. Soonyoung filled him in in the best way he could, and Junhui just nodded, understanding and leaving to settle in his room for the night. They needed their time to themselves, he knew that much.

Thanks, Soonyoung thought softly, hoping that the genuine words would somehow reach his roommate. He then turned to face his friend, who was still intent on watching the floor.

Seeing Jihoon in the state he was, not as bad as earlier but still hurting, it broke Soonyoung's heart. He had to do something to ease the pain. What could he do? What would Junhui do?

A relieved smile tugged at the corners of his lips as an idea struck him. Whenever any of their friends were in pain, Junhui would take them home and prepare them a warm bath. Warm baths always help, Junhui insisted continuously.

"Jihoon," the blonde began, his tone obviously more optimistic now that he had an idea of what to do to make the other feel somewhat better. "You wanna take a bath? My friend says that baths always help to soothe the senses."

Hesitantly, puffy red eyes glanced up to connect with his own.

"Sure. Thanks."

"Of course."