chapter fourteen

En başından başla

She points to each spot as she says it and Zayn looks around to see them. The couches do look comfy, but he wants to be next to her. "With you."

She nods and grabs his hand, leading him around to the back of her desk. She had a lot of room back there and already has a spot set up for Zalia. Its a little shelf area in the desk that has little chair tucked into it. It's out of the way enough that if Brazil needs to move she's not worrying about the child getting run over and its close so she can keep an eye on her.

This only works sometimes and occasionally Zalia will ask to be up on the desk, so they have an area she can sit and do homework on the upper counter. Brazil pulls out the little chair and tells Zayn to sit down while she takes care of the person on the phone.

Once she can give all her attention to Zayn, she turns around and smiles at him. He's in his own world, observing everything he can. It feels nice in here, safe and exciting. He wants to explore a little and see what goes on here.

"Okay baby," she draws his attention in. "There's this little desk that you can do your homework, or you can sit up here."

She pats the empty space on the desk and Zayn grins. "Yeah."

She lifts him up onto the counter, telling him to be careful he doesn't fall back and showing him he can use the ledge as a table. Once he's situated with his Maths homework out, she turns back to her computer to continue working.

+

After an hour, Zayn has finished his homework and it working on his drawing. Brazil gave him some snacks and let him buy a drink from the machine, so he's happy and content.

"Am I allowed to ask about your project?" Brazil asks, watching the boy secretively.

He's so passionate about whatever he's doing. His tongue is sticking out as he works and his head is bent down. He keeps blowing or pushing his hair out of his face, but ultimately decides to leave it.

Zayn blows his hair out of his face and peaks up at her with a smirk that reminds her of Harry. "Yes."

She narrows her eyes at him and he hums a giggle, looking back down at his drawing. She watches him for a moment longer, smiling as he keeps pushing his hair out of his face. "Do you want me to pull your hair back love?"

"Yes please," he giggles, sitting up.

"Can I braid it?" She asks, running a small brush through his hair, admiring how soft it is.

"Sure," he giggles again.

She french braids it back and ties it the end up in a cute bun, then kisses his cheek and sets him back on the desk since he was in her lap. He pats his hair to feel it and thanks her, then goes back to his drawing.

She watches him for a moment, before asking about it. "Is this something for school?"

"Mmm, maybe if I want it to be," he comments mysteriously. "Or if I need it."

"How very artistic and mysterious," she comments and he giggles.

She answers the ringing phone and transfers it then picks up another one, telling them Mr. Cowel is in a meeting, before looking at Zayn again. He was watching her, but quickly looks away when he sees her looking.

"Is is personal or for fun?" She asks, eating some of his M&M's.

"I've been working on it for a few days," he tells her, pulling back and looking down at it. He was inspired by his dad and Brazil and wanted to make something close to his heart.

"Are you planning to give it to someone? Or hang it up?" She asks, turning away from him as someone enters the building. "Hello, how can I help you today?"