The rest of the ride we sat in comfortable silence listening to music.

We arrive o IHOP and Nique and Dani were somehow there already,  sitting in a booth and waving us over.

They were sitting across from each other meaning I would have to sit next to Nique.

That's aight though, I'd rather this than having to look directly at her. We all greet each other and I sit next to her with no issue.

"So how y'all been?" Dani asked me and Nique.

"I been good. Jus chillin. How y'all been?" I reply with a shrug.

Ain't no fuckin 'we.'

"I said y'all not you." Dani jokes and I curl my lips downwards.

A/N: Y'all know what I mean.

"Mmm..y'all meaninggg.." I inquire.

"You and Nique??" She says in a "duh" tone.      

I swear she's slow. Kierra just shakes her head.

"Right...like I said, I've been good." I reply.

Dani gives Nique a look and I could see her shrink into her side of the booth from the corner of my eye.

"Wha-nigga ouch!" Dani started, cussing when Kierra pinches her under the table.

"Anyways..we've been great Zay." Kierra says with an innocent smile.

I chuckle, shaking my head.

Just then, a waitress came to take our orders. She was a stud, and a fine one at that. She sizes me up before looking at everyone else.

Clearly Nique saw that because she immediately got out of her slouched position.

Girl bye..slouch back down.

"Wassup y'all I'm Tamiya and I'll be your server for today." The girl I now know as Tamiya greets us.

We all greet her in response.

Well, all minus Nique. 

Mad ass.

"Are y'all ready to order or do you guys need some more time?" Tamiya asks, looking at all of us.

Her gaze on me lingered for a little longer.

We all nod, everyone but Nique again obviously, and place our orders.

Kierra and I ordered French toast and Dani and Nique ordered pancakes.

"And to drink?" She proceeded.

"Uhh, I'll have chocolate milk." I say and she chuckles.

"That's cute. How about you guys?" She asks, writing in her little notepad.

"We'll both take apple juice." Dani says, gesturing between her and Kierra.

"Oookay, and you?" She saus, writing again before looking over at Nique who was still glaring at her.

"I'll have orange juice." Nique says in a monotonous tone.

Tamiyah seemed surprised at her tone but plastered a smile back on her face and spoke warmly,

"Okay, sounds great. I'll be back with your food in about 15-20 minutes," before walking away, writing on her notepad again.

I look at Kierra and she makes a face that reads "yikes."

I stifle my laugh and act as if the setup of the Ihop was suddenly the most interesting thing I'd seen, looking around.

The awkward silence is intense.