Throwing her against the floor, he towered above the cowering girl, cocking his head to the side. "That's new."

"Don't touch me," Yui's voice was small, but it was threatening enough. "I'll not hold back if you do."

"How romantic," Shu said, coming down to her level and holding her hands in his iron grip. She shrieked as her knife fell from her hands, falling beside them with a metallic clang, resounding in the dead of the night. He locked her legs in between his, and brought his face close to hers. His ashy blonde hair was wet with the struggle, as she wriggled against him. Spent in her energy, she finally stopped moving, accepting her impending fate, to be used as a blood bag, yet again.

"You ready to put me out of my misery?" Shu said, as she hid from his penetrating gaze. Holding down both of her hands in his left hand, he put a finger beneath her chin and turned her head towards him. Her heartbeat was unbearably loud as his hand meandered to her neck, and she gulped down hard. "If you do kill me, you know they would call it a proclamation of your love for me, don't you know?"

His hand rested on her chest, weighing down on her sternum, as she was drawn out of her breath.

She sucked in a shaky breath as she said, "Do you think I fucking care about you and your pathetic life, Shu san?"

Shu was taken aback by her scathing words. he had never seen the girl swear before. And even though his brothers tortured her everyday, she could never bring herself to hate them for some reason.

His vision became spotted with red as he clamped down a hand on her throat. The breath was knocked out of her as she realised his grip around her, his other hand joining to block her windpipe. Eventually, his hands came undone beside her shoulders. Struggling against him, flailing, thrashing as the blond vampire shifted between her legs and ground himself against her. A sigh escaped her as her body betrayed her will, moving against Shu on its own accord.

He smiled, and said, low and needy into her ear, "You won't be able to resist me, and soon you will walk right into my trap."

The euphoria subsided very soon, as Yui's eyes cleared from the haze the dopamine gave her, and she brought her knee against his groin.

A pained sound escaped Shu, as he recoiled away from her, gasping in utter pain, contorting on the cold wooden floor. Her hands swiftly lifted the silver knife fallen beside her and picked herself up, making a beeline for the stairway, her shoes heavily plodding towards her room. She didn't believe her room to protect her from the wrath of the vampire, but in the adrenaline fueled rush she didn't think twice before turning towards the nearest room, fortunately left ajar, and locked it from the inside. She leaned against the ornate door, taking in shaking breaths before bursting into sobs, covering her mouth and clamping her jaw shut to avoid any sound from escaping herself.

Collapsing on the ground, she felt waves of fear rock her frail body. Her hair stuck to the back of her neck, wet and slick with sweat. She could hear a shuffle of footsteps as a shower switched off. She didn't have much choice other than to wait as the inevitable happened. Wet footsteps closed in on her as she raised her eyes to find glowing green eyes staring at her from the door of the bathroom.

"Can't resist me, can you, Pancake?"

***

Reiji flitted through the journals, his heart quickening for the first time in days.

He was a mad man, but then he had been robbed of his sleep enough.

Bangs on the floor below alerted him of Shu trying to violate the blood bag yet again, but he didn't care.

His fingers were shaking with every page flip, and he tossed the book yet again in a pile behind him. There had to be a way out of the proposition Shu had given him.No way in hell would he call the old vampire hunter back. Reiji was a strong vampire, he had proven to be more powerful than Shu himself in some aspects, but hunters were something he despised, and to know that he had to cal upon the one who had promised to kill him so many years ago was an unsettling thought.