11: And I Don't Want Your Pity... I Just Want Somebody Near Me

Beginne am Anfang

"No Phillip drove us to the mall, then he dropped me off and left."

George swears glancing out the window at the night sky. He wipes his mouth with a napkins before going into his drawer. He pulls out a taser and pepper spray, then hands it to Mila who stares at it with wide eyes.

"Uhhh..."

"Head home now before it gets later. Use those if you need to. I'm on speed dial and will hurry if anything happens."

"Dad I've walked home before. Also how do you know you're on speed dial."

George laughs uncomfortably as he watches Mila raise an eyebrow, "I may have gotten a hacker to put me on speed dial for all the family's phones."

Mila laughs shaking her head, "Oh geez you're crazy. Alright I'll see you at home."

"Be careful."

"I always am."

...

Peter drops behind a car thief as he tries to brake into a car. He stands in his customized spandex suit dressed as Spider-Man.

"Ahem, you know, in the future, if you're gonna steal cars, don't dress like a car thief, man."

The car thief jumps in fright before turning around to see Spider-Man, "What, are you a cop?"

"Really? You seriously think I'm a cop? Cop in a skintight red and blue suit? You know, you're... you're... you got a mind of true scholar, sir."

Mila walks nearby the two. She freezes as she glances over to see a man dressed in all black and another in a spandex suit at the car park. Standing behind the fence, she stays put and just watches the mysterious red and blue figure.

"I was going more for the guys who do the luge. Good thinking, good thinking. Get the window, get out of the window, there you go, you got it!"

The car thief pulls a knife on Peter, "Just let me go."

Spider-Man backs away with his hands up, "Is that a knife? Is that a real knife?"

Mila laughs as Spider-Man falls on his knees, pretending to be afraid.

The car thief scoffs, "Yes, it's a real knife."

"My weakness, it's small knives."

"Just let me go."

"Anything, but knives!"

Suddenly, Peter shoots his web-shooter capturing the hand of the thief holding the knife.

"Oh, it's so simple. That was cool, man."

"What the hell is this?"

"Webbing that I developed myself. I don't think you really wanna know anymore right now."

"Come on! Let me go!"

Spider-Man shoots his web-shooter again capturing the thief's other hand in a web.

"Okay, one second! One second!"

Mila holds her hand over her mouth as she continues to laugh at the funny man in the suit. Spider-Man pretends to sneeze and shoot another web which lands in the middle of the thief's crotch.

Spider-Man suddenly freezes hearing a laugh from behind the fence. He points over without even looking.

"I see you. You can come out."

Mila steps from behind the fence. She disregards the fact that the man sounding somewhat a little familiar because of the fact that she was actually standing in front of a real life superhero. She thought this only happened in comic books and movies.