Chapter 33 Breaking - Up

Depuis le début

"Are you sure you're ready?" Janel asked her friend who looks like a nervous wreck.

"Yeah. I have to do this now. I can't prolong it any longer. If I don't do this now, it's gonna be unfair for the both of us."

"Okay. If you're absolutely sure. Who am I to stop you? Just remember, everything will be okay."

"Thanks Jan. I don't know what I'd do without you. You've been my support since all of these happened and I know you've put your life on hold for me. Thank you."

"Stop saying thank you Sash. You're my friend. Of course I'll be here for you."

"I guess, I better go now. It's almost 7."

"Be safe. If you need me, I'm just a text away."

Sasha smiled and nodded towards her friend. This is it, she thought. She grabbed her purse, walked towards the door and out of their room. She made her way out of the apartment building and is now walking towards the diner. She's not sure of how things will pan out, but she knows that this is the right thing to do. As she was nearing her destination, she can already see sitting by the window a very familiar figure. She can't help but feel her heart skip a beat. She still loves Shay, that is not a question, but she also knows that they can't be together if she can't trust Shay enough with her heart. She noticed a bouquet of flowers resting on top of the table. Oh god! Why did she bring flowers? Sasha thought. She started panicking, so instead of going to the diner she stopped on her tracks and decided to call Janel. Luckily Janel answered on one ring.

"Hey! Everything okay? What happened? Why are you calling?" Janel rambled on.

"I'm still walking. I don't think I can do this Jan. I just saw a glimpse of Shay, she's got flowers."

"Hey now. What difference does it make if she got you flowers? Sash, you said it yourself, you have to do it now, or it will be unfair for the both of you. Do this for yourself," Janel said trying to encourage the blonde.

"You're right. It's now or never. I'm being silly. Thank you."

"Anytime babe. Now, go in there and talk to her."

"I will. See you when I get back."

"I'll be here."

With that, Sasha ended the call and continued walking. She reached the diner and immediately saw Shay smiling at her. She smiled back. It's going to be okay..it's going to be okay. Sasha repeated inside her head.

"Hi. You look beautiful," Shay said as she handed Sasha the flowers.

"Thank you. You too. You look great," Sasha said smiling as she reached for the flowers and sat on the vacant seat.

"How have you been?"

"I'm good. How about you?"

"Better than expected."

Sasha smiled at that answer. She knows Shay is trying to calm herself. She knows the brunette too well and she can tell that the other girl is as nervous as she is.

"Shall we order something?" Sasha asked.

"Of course! Have you been here before? This is actually my first time here. I'm not sure what's good."

"Janel and I have been here a few times," Sasha answered. She then realized that Shay didn't know where she's been staying and she did not intend her to find out about it this way.

"It's okay. I know, you've been staying with her."

"You do?" Sasha asked, confused. The girls couldn't possibly told her, they promised.