(17) Over The Edge

Start from the beginning

She gone. She left. I didn't think that she would leave in the way she did. The whole time, I've been tracking her phone. Stalkerish, but I just didn't want her to get hurt. Not again.

I still remember holding her thinking that I would never see her eyes light up. There was so much blood. On her head. On her stomach. Everywhere. The doctors said that she had lost so much blood, that they doubted she would make it without someone donating blood. Shockingly, we were a match. Without a second thought in my mind, I donated the blood I could for her. I never told her. Nor will I unless it comes to it. I feel like even if I tell her I saved her, she would still hate me.

"Jake, dude, you've been sitting there for the past hour," Austin said. He tried to get me to talk after we all watched as her chip went over some edged on the otherside of town.

Liz and Ally were in tears, us guys were just shocked.

Suddenly the front door opened, and there stood Melody in a white and daisy print bikini with her hair pulled back tight in a messy bun sporting a nice pair of Ray Bans.

All of there just stood there.

"Are you Melody's ghost here to haunt us," Andrew asked with his voice quivering in fear.

"Nooooo. I am Melody. And I'm alive..."

I rushed to where she was standing and hugged her as tight as I could.

She stiffened at my action but didn't say anything.

"I thought I lost you again," I mumble into her hair.

"And why would that be?"

"Because of your tweets." I pull back and hold her face in my hands.

"Are you sure it wasn't the fact that you were tracking me," she ask pulling my hands of of her face.

"Look, let me explain." I expected her to interrupt me, but she remained silent. "I was told to make sure you wouldn't get hurt. I was doing pretty good, until you pushed me away, which I completely understand. I needed to make sure you wouldn't get hurt again. Whether I had to hurt you again, I needed to make sure you were safe. I couldn't lose you again. Not again."

She was shocked. I guess she just thought I was doing this just to annoy her. She was silent, and that bugged me. It bugged me that she was thinking. When she thinks, nothing good happens.

She simply nodded her head and walked past us and ran up the stairs to her room. When she left past me, a note dropped out of her bag and I picked it up unfolding the small piece of paper.

"I'm broken.

You stole my heart like a token.

Yet you only caused me pain.

I thought I was your main.

When you brought me here, I thought it was our second chance,

But now I will never even give you a glance.

You once said 'See you later'

But later became longer.

You're Mr. Hollywood,

I'm Ms. Nobody.

I should have know not to trust your image

Yet your charming smile and politeness beat me down.

I will never return,

Because you stole my Turn

In the game of life,

You stabbed me with your words like knives."

There was another page.

"Dear Jake,

I never thought you would hurt me the way you did. You have managed to cause me pain just simply when I look at you. I thought you were the same guy that left years ago. But you're not. You have become the Playboy. Yea. I said. I just called my ex-best friend a Playboy. Never did I want to call you that, but it's the truth.

You say you want to help me. You want to be my friend. But I don't think that can happen. You are managing to make me regret even meeting you years ago. It hurts me saying that, but knowing that I was only your side chick hurts even more.

Jake, you left me alone. You left me in the dark where I was forced to find light myself. All those years made me realize something. It made me realize that I became too close to certain people. I mean, everyone's left me sooner or later. When you left, it was like a chain reaction. Everyone close to me left or died.

You want me to say "It's okay," and that "I forgive you." Well here it is.

Jake, I forgive you. It's okay that you hurt me and shattered any trust with anybody. It's okay. Because hurting each other is what best friends do.

Oh wait! That's not how that goes. Best Friends are supposed to protect each other from the dangers. The apology is fake. Just like how our relationship was. I should have known you didn't care about me. You cared about your reputation.

There were times I needed you. What about the time my dog died? You loved Sally just as much as I did, yet you never even would say anything back to me. I needed someone to talk to, yet you weren't even willing to lend a minute to just say you were busy. How about the time my cousin died? She admired you and knew you would go far. Is this far enough? What about the time I was being bullied at school? You pinky promised me that you wouldn't let me get hurt, yet, you were the one who added to the pain.

Incase you didn't know, your read receipts were on the whole time. I was able to tell if you had read my messages or not. It's not the fact that you were busy and couldn't respond, it was the fact that you were "busy" but read them and just didn't respond.

I hope that one day you find a girl and treat her better than you treated me. She deserves you at the best you can be. I don't know what I did, but I guess I had to have you at your worst. But let me say this, Jake. If you ever hurt another girl, I will not hesitate to personally hunt you down and hurt you so bad that you won't even have the ability to reproduce anything. You will have to be feed through a straw and trust me, I had to that once due to the bullying, and it wasn't fun.

Your ex-best friend,

Melody Olivia Paige."