Chapter 7

Arianna POV

My dad just came and woke me up. He said that we had something to do today so I needed to get ready for the day.

I went and showered and did my morning hygiene routine before I got dressed. I had to make sure I was quiet because Sofia is still sleeping. It's only like 7:30 in the morning.

I finished getting dressed and went downstairs

My dad, Uncle Alex, Ramone and Uncle Toni were all downstairs waiting for me. Uncle Luca left early this morning to drive down to Miami to get my mom. I haven't seen her in 3 years. I talk to her occasionally but it's very rare.

We went out and got in my dad's car. He drove off heading to wherever we're going. I fell asleep on the drive.

Uncle Toni: Ari, wake up baby girl. We here.

I looked up and saw we were at a gun range.

Me: What are we doing here?

Dad: Training. You going out there by yourself and we know Asím said he would protect you but you gotta know how to protect yourself.

I nodded and got out the car.

We all went in and it was guns everywhere.

My dad knew the owner of the range and he knew that my dad wanted to train me today so he closed it off to everyone.

We went over to the table where there were multiple guns all different sizes and makes.

My dad picked up a small handgun and handed it to me.

I was hesitant but I took it from him.

Dad: Okay, so you keep your hand wrapped firmly around this part and then keep your index finger on top of the trigger.

I held it hoe he told me to.

Dad: Okay. Now aim at the target.

I did and shot. I unloaded the whole clip right in the middle.

I looked back and saw everyone's facial expressions.

They all looked shocked but proud.

Me: So how did I do?

Uncle Toni: Are you sure this is your first time handling a gun?

Me: Yeah.

Dad: That was perfect. You got perfect aim.

After target practice, they brought me over to a ring.

Me: So, what we doing now?

Dad: You never know if you might just have to best somebody ass instead of pulling yo gun on them. So, you're about to get in the ring with Somya.

Me: Who is Somya?

This girl walked up. She was a little bit bigger than me.

Dad: That's Somya. Now, Somya, this is only training. You hurt my baby, I hurt you. Understood?