Looking around and seeing that his fellow Comrades had began to get up and receive their daily food for the morning he spoke "W-well Sergeant I think it's best if I g-get going." Nodding towards him she agreed "Of course. I'll see you later." Then he went off to the rundown building to have his breakfast.

Keeping to herself for a bit she just stared at the trees off in the distance, they weren't really allowed to go over there unless Robert let them of course, she really hoped they got to practice over there, tree and grass were just so pretty to her.

Seeing Cabot in the distance her mind went back to reality and her posture was now fixed, she knew that he was going to greet her or talk to her, sometimes Cabot scared her as well. But over the time she learned he was alway laid back.

"Good morning Major Cabot." Josette greeted with a smile, looking up at his significantly taller figure. "Good morning Sergeant. Sleep well?" He asked with a smile, he always seemed to have som type of grin on his face.

"Yeah. How about you?" She asked tilting her head. Like her, Cabot was a bit irritated about what happed yesterday in riffle training, you could clearly see it in his facial expression. "I slept okay. Listen...do you know where Robert might be?"

Thinking for a bit she answered "Training with the horses...why?" She questioned with suspicion. "Because, I'm going to talk some sense into him. What he did yesterday was the last straw, he's been acting like this ever since he got here." Without letting her speak another word he began to walk to the training area.

Reluctantly she followed him knowing this wasn't a good idea. "Cabot, he's our Colonel, he has to act like this. But I understand what you're saying." She said carefully wanting to be neutral about the whole situation.

Making their they saw their Colonel in the distance, riding on his horse practicing with his sword by slicing watermelon that had been out of logs, probably acting as a human body. He sword swung left and right as he chopped the watermelons in half as his horse ran.

Passing by tents and other horses Josette and Cabot made their way closer to the training man. The feeling of the dark dirt imprinting the bottom pattern of their boots. The horses slowed down and turned around facing his body to his two friends.

"Good morning Major, you're up early." He greeted Cabot then looked at Josette. "Hello Sergeant." Robert said with a nod. Still Cabot took some time to respond, which scared Josette, knowing he was going to say something about what happened yesterday.

"I want to talk to you" Cabot said with a calm voice. "Certainly." Robert responded, sliding his sword to the holster that was strapped on his pants, making a very distinct swish sound.

"If you wouldn't mind getting down from your horse." Cabot said with sass, gesturing the lad to step down by waving his arm, then crossing them over his chest. Robert looked at him for a bit certainly picking up in his fake politeness. He did as suggested and swung one leg over the torso of the animal and stepped down, stepping closer to the pair, but his eyes on Cabot. "Better?" He asked.

Before Cabot began he took in a breath, looking down at the dirt then back up at him, his hand now on his hips. "Why do you treat the men this way Robert?" Trying time process what he said he looked around and shook his head "How should I treat them?"

"Like men." He answered as if it were the most obvious think in the world, crossing his arms and giving him some type of look like Robert was stupid. There Robert looked a bit shocked at the way Cabot was talking to him. "What about Thomas? Why are you so hard on him?" Cabot asked, wanting to know why as well Josette looked at him.

"He's not a very good soldier." He stayed calmly, if they want an honest answer, that's what they were going to get. "I'm getting these men ready for battle." He added as if the two had forgotten. "Robert, they're already as good as the 7th ever was, they march well, they're disciplined." Josette came into the conversion.

Robert nodded in agreement "No thanks to you." He said looking at both of them. "I beg your pardon?" Josette asked stepping closer to the man. "You two heard me."

Looking at him up and down Cabot stepped closer as well, "Who do you think you are? Acting the higher Colonel. You seem to forget that I know you and so does Josette and Thomas." Cabot reminded him. Without warning Cabot began to walk away, making Robert turn around to call after him.

"Forbes." He called making Cabot turn around and face him yet again. "I you don't believe in what we're doing here, maybe you shouldn't be part of it."

"Part of what?" Forbes asked once again approaching him. "Huh? 'Left right left right! Little finger along the seams of your trousers?!'" He shouted doing an almost perfect imitation of Mulcahy. "Marching is probably all they'll ever get to do."

Hearing that come from Cabot Josette let of a small gasp. "That is not true." She told him shaking her head in disappointment, now she was in between the two men.

"It is my job, to get these men ready..." Robert explained slowly and gently moving Josette to the side as he confronted his friend. "...and I will. They have risked their lives to be here, they have given up their freedom. I owe them as much as they have given, I owe them my freedom, my life if necessary." He spoke and Cabot nodded. "Maybe so do you Cabot. I think you do."

Not giving him a word Cabot looked at him and gave him a bow. "Come on Sergeant." Cabot called out to Josette. Looking between the two Robert spoke quickly, sometimes he wondered if something was going on between them, they were together quite a lot, or maybe that's because they were both Sergeants, still he didn't like it.

"No Sergeant stay." Robert said glaring at Cabot. Looking between the two in amusement she rolled her eyes, she had way better things to do than be caught in the middle of a fight between her two friends, like training the men.

"You two are real pieces of work you know that?" She asked glaring at both of them before leaving without another word.