"Hey Lee." He said as nervously ran his hand through his hair and tightly gripped a cigarette in between his fingers.

His words caused Natalie to instinctively turn around, her attention now fixed on me

Her expression dropped once she saw me and an instant scowl formed on her face. As if I were the one interrupting her and Austin, instead of the other way around.

"Oh hey Lena." She put on her fakest voice as she spoke. "You're up early."

"Yeah couldn't sleep." My gaze shifted to Austin as he mouthed the words "I'm sorry" behind her back while he put two pancakes on a plate, covering them with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.

"I hope you're hungry." Austin said as he placed down the plate in front of one of the empty bar stools.

"Starving." I chuckled as I felt Natalie burning a hole through me as she stared daggers in my direction as I walked by Austin to pour myself a cup of hot coffee.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt by the way. I have to do laundry today." I added in a low voice, clearly bullshitting at Natalie's expense as I gently touched his arm and gave him a sly smile.

I don't know what in the hell came over me but I had the sudden urge to fight fire with fire and the shock on her face was enough to make it worth pissing her off.

"Of course groupie. You pull it off way better than I do." Austin smirked, clearly enjoying my territorial behavior as I taunted her.

Natalie perked up at our interaction, her anger emanating from across the counter. But she didn't dare question our conversation as she took a small bite of her breakfast.

"Austin do you think I could steal a towel from you? I wanna take a shower." She cut in as she chewed.

"Yeah sure. I'll go grab you one." He answered as he made his way towards the stairs.

I took a sip of my coffee, ready as ever for her confrontation.

"Lena I don't know what you think you're doing but I would stay away from Austin if I were you."

Here we fucking go.

"I don't know what you're talking about Natalie." I raised my brow, acting dumb as I took another sip.

"I'm not stupid, I know you want him. But just a word of advice. Austin isn't the relationship type. He just carelessly fucks girls and then dumps them after he gets bored. So I wouldn't get myself involved with him if I were you." She cocked her brow and smiled as if she were doing me some sort of favor.

As much as I wanted to keep my big mouth shut, she was igniting a wrath in me that I didn't even know existed.

"If he's such bad news, then why do you keep throwing yourself at him?" I shot back as she scoffed loudly in disbelief at my bold question.