my Dylan O'Brien paper for my english class

some of you have been pm-ing me about my paper, so here it is! Please do not steal my work. I worked very hard on this. Enjoy!

*UPDATE* I just received my grade for this paper, and I got a 95

Oscar Wilde once said, "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result." There are conditions for many kinds of jobs. Some jobs require a degree, and some only require attendance. Succeeding at any occupation demands diligence and attentiveness. Actors must labor for hours in combination with talent and a strong work ethic. The results of their diligence are manifested in how the audience receives their work. Dylan O'Brien is a successful actor because of his acting range, work ethic, and growing popularity.

Dylan O'Brien's acting range propels his success. He portrayed two characters from the MTV series Teen Wolf. The first is Stiles Stilinski, who is sarcastic, witty, and caring, as well as a key character to the show. He is the only human in his group of friends, which makes him the most relatable character to the audience. His main motivation is solely to protect his friends from the dangers of his town. The second is Void Stiles from season 3B of Teen Wolf , a typical villain; Void is a demonically-possessed form of Stiles Stilinski. Void's motivation is to create and cause chaos, pain, and strife. The next character that O'Brien played was typical hero Thomas from The Maze Runner trilogy. Thomas is curious, brave, and determined to save everyone that he can, while figuring out what is happening to the world. Mitch Rapp is the most recent character that O'Brien has played. Mitch is an aggressive, withdrawn, and vengeful anti-hero whose sole motive is to kill the terrorists who murdered his fiancée (Dylan [1]). These various roles demonstrate his acting range. Not only does Dylan O'Brien's acting range show his success, but his work ethic does as well.

Dylan O'Brien's work ethic promotes his success in multiple ways. First, his work ethic shows his dedication to the roles he plays. O'Brien performs his own stunts, notably, as the character 'Thomas' in The Maze Runner trilogy. During the first few days of filming The Death Cure, the final installment of The Maze Runner series, O'Brien was severely injured when an attempt to perform a dangerous stunt went terribly wrong (Ordona [1]). Reportedly, he was run over by a vehicle while trying to jump onto another moving vehicle. He sustained serious facial injuries, such as a broken cheekbone and lower eye socket and slight brain trauma, which caused movie production to shut down as he recovered. O'Brien returned to filming after his slow and private recovery despite facing doubts about continuing his career as an actor (Buchanan [1]). O'Brien asked the director that a previous take of the scene be in the final cut of the movie. O'Brien stated, "My response was actually was like, 'I need you to, in a way. I would be more heartbroken then if it just went to waste" (Alexander [1]). He also shows his dedication to the characters that he plays.

Dylan O'Brien's dedication is also seen in how he adds to his characters and their stories. In Teen Wolf, Stiles kissing Lydia's cheek was unscripted, which changed the dynamic of the two characters' relationship (Memory). Also, O'Brien's character, Stiles, was not originally supposed to return for the final season of Teen Wolf; Dylan O'Brien chose to perform in the final season because he did not want to leave his first acting project without a proper farewell. He also did not want to leave his character without any closure (Elizabeth [1]). Another example of his improvisation is seen in the first movie of The Maze Runner series, in which the characters Thomas and Gally have an unscripted argument that contributes to their dynamic (The Maze Runner). When O'Brien was preparing to play Void Stiles from season 3B of Teen Wolf, he said, "I'm also scared of copying what people have done. So maybe I try to keep myself as ignorant as I can possibly be. Because I feel like you get the purest performance in that way" (Gonzalez [1]). O'Brien states, "I don't care what they write for me, I'll just start cracking jokes. I want him [Stiles] to have that confident energy about him. I love that" (Radish [1]). These examples show how he is not only dedicated to the script, but also to the characters.