19. 𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌

"That was awesome," you say to your team as you all are panting. They all glare at you.

"That was tiring... we barely won."

"That left spikes and serves are crazy," Kaze comments and drinks from her bottle.

"I need to practice more with Ushi-"

"No, no, no! You need to rest and drink water, girly," Daiza grabs a hold of your collar. You give her a little pout.

"F/n-channnnnnn," Oikawa suddenly runs to you and hugs you.

"You're sweaty, Toru," you frown in disgust.

"You're sweaty too, F/n-chan," he gleams and messes up your already frizzy hair. Atsumu feels his blood bubbling inside of him.

"Let's hurry up and take a shower, then let's get dinner!" Oikawa gives you a big smile. You can't help but return a small smile.

"Okay, Toru."

-

"What are you doing here?" you, Oikawa, and Iwaizumi glare at Atsumu. Atsumu puts his hands up in defense.

"Coach told me that it isn't safe for you to go by yourself. So, he told me to go with you!"

You sigh, "Fine then, Atsumu. Are you guys fine with Atsumu coming?" Iwaizumi, like the mature one he is, nods while Oikawa frowns and pouts. Iwaizumi notices this and hits the taller one's head.

"Stop being a baby, Trashikawa!" Atsumu lets out a 'pft' at the nickname.

"Iwa-chan! Don't call me that," Oikawa frowns and whines even more. You and Atsumu just look in amusement at the older one.

'Is he really a third year?'

"Let's go then," you interrupt the two before it continues. You all walk to the ramen shop you, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa used to go to as kids.

"This brings back memories," you let a small smile.

"It does, doesn't it? It feels like so long ago," Iwaizumi says as you four look up at the sign. Atsumu awkwardly just stares as well. You all walk in and the two boys immediately greet the owner.

"Hey, boys! You guys came again? Please go home and eat a real meal. Eating ramen every week is not healthy!" The owner scolds then looks up to see two new faces. He stops what he was doing and focuses his stares on you. You give a small smile.

"F/n-chan? Is that really you?" He gives you a huge smile and walks out behind the counter to give you a hug.

"Yes it is, Klein-san. It's me," you hug the old man back. You three had gone to this ramen shop since you were a first year in middle school. He pulls back.

"It's so nice to see you again after... two years? You've grown so much." You smile.

"It's nice to see you too. The store hasn't changed at all... It's nostalgic."

"That's good to hear then. Please come in and sit in your regular seats!"

You three all walk to your regular seats you guys would always sit on when you guys were younger as Atsumu awkwardly follows. He felt so left out and out of place.

"Atsumu, you can sit next to me," you say, not forgetting his presence.

"Whaa? I want to sit next to you, F/n-chan!" Oikawa whines.

"Remember our regular seats? You and Iwa always sit in front of me, never next to me!" you retort back and sit down with Atsumu feeling a little better.

Atsumu gives Oikawa a smug look as an irk mark appears on Oikawa's head. Klein hands out four menus then walks away back to the kitchen.

"Are you going to get your old usual, F/n-chan?" Oikawa smiles.

You look through the menu and smile, "Probably... The menu hasn't changed much either... It's kind of nice." You turn to look at a struggling blondie.

"Do you need help deciding?" you ask him and lean towards him causing him to heat up.

"U-uhh, I'm having a little trouble deciding between these two," Atsumu points on the menu.

Your eyes sparkle a little bit, which doesn't go unnoticed by the boys, "This one is the one I've always got since I was a kid! You should get it with me." Atsumu looks at the one you point and he feels himself warming up with happiness. It was nice learning more about you more and more each day.

"Then I'll get the same dish as you." Klein then comes back then you all order.

"So, F/n... What has been going on with your life? What about Mikage-san and your dad?" Iwaizumi is the first to ask. You take a deep breath and Atsumu looks at you as well. He knew snip-its of what was going on in your life, but not everything.

"After Mika graduated from Karasuno, he left for America to pursue professional volleyball and my dad and Rina still lived in Tokyo. This was the reason I needed to move to Tokyo," you hesitate but continue, "I quit volleyball my first year because no one was there to take care of Rina. My dad was always busy, so I felt really bad that she had been living a lonely life while Mika and I were pursuing volleyball and school. At school, which was Fukurodani, it got too crazy with everyone knowing who I was. So, I begged my dad to allow Rina and I to move to Hyogo. That's why I'm at Inarizaki now."

"You guys live alone?" Oikawa worriedly asks.

You sweat and frown, "Yeah... I wasn't planning to play volleyball but I recently got back into it." You then let a little smile out and turn to look at Atsumu who rubs his neck and smiles back. Oikawa notices this and frowns.

"That's really dangerous, F/n. Your dad was really fine with it?" Iwaizumi asks. You nod.

"He doesn't really mind, I guess. He's too busy for us anyway." The boys feel your bitterness until the atmosphere is interrupted with food.

"Thank you for the food!" you guys thank, then dig in.

"How about you guys? What's been happening?" you ask.

"Still haven't beaten Ushiwaka," Iwaizumi flatly says.

"BUT WE WILL," Oikawa butts in. Atsumu smirks.

"Sure, sure. You speak so confidently even though you can't beat me!" You give Atsumu a disapprovingly look as he sweats.

Oikawa irks, "Well, we will you fake blonde!" Atsumu glares at Oikawa as you and Iwaizumi sigh.

"Well, as long as you don't overwork yourself, Toru," you bluntly say and continue to eat. He sweats and hesitantly laughs.

"He recently sprained his ankle," Iwaizumi throws him under the bus.

"Iwa-chan, can't you just shut your mouth sometimes?"

You frown at Oikawa, "You know how much I hate it when you injure yourself, right?" Oikawa feels guilt come over his body and nod.

"Sorry, F/n-chan. I just need to get better to.... beat Ushiwaka," he says with hatred. Atsumu watches Oikawa's change in personality then turns to you.

'This is the guy she used to like... She might even still like him since she still cares for him,' Atsumu frowns.

"I understand that, but if you injure yourself, then you and your team won't be able to compete against Ushijima-san. Don't be stupid, Toru. You have your team, family, and me who cares for you," you say as Oikawa smiles.

"I won't do it again then, F/n-chan! Since you care so much about MEEEE, " Oikawa exaggerates the 'me' part and eyes Atsumu. An irk mark appears on Atsumu's temple.