12

a week later

"i really hope he wakes up i tonight." i tell mike as i play with my fingers. mike nods. lucas and dustin are asleep beside us.

joyce and hopper found will and now we're at the hospital. "do you think el will come back?" mike asks. "anything's possible. they found will i'm sure we'll be able to find her." i say. i put my hand on top of his. "just...don't freak out, ok?" i say. he relaxes his shoulders and nods. i look over at lucas and smile. i look across the hall and see steve and hopper still awake. i lock eyes with steve. he looks pretty beaten up. i look over at mike and see him looking at our hands. i move my hand to my lap and so does he. mike leans forward in his seat, he looks stressed. "mike just don't stress out i'm sure he's fine." i whisper to him. he sighs. "i know i'm just, worried..i'm really worried." mike says. "i know we all are." i say. jonathan walks into the waiting room. he nods at mike and i. we quickly get up and wake dustin and lucas up. "guys he's up will is up!" we say shaking them. lucas shoots up and gets mad at dustin. they quickly get up and we run to will's room. "byers!" mike says when we walk in the room. dustin laughs. "be careful, be careful with him." joyce says. the boys hug him but i stand back. when the boys step back will opens his arms for a hug from me. i lean down and hug him. we all smile at him. "you won't believe what happened when you were gone man." lucas says. "it was mental." dustin says. "you had a funeral." i say. "jennifer hayes was crying!" dustin says. "and troy peed himself." lucas says. "what?" will asks smiling. "infront of the whole school." dustin says. will starts coughing and we all settle down. "you okay?" mike asks. "it got me. the demogorgon." will says. "we know." mike says. "it's okay, it's dead." i say. "we made a new friend. she stopped it. she saved us. but she's gone now." mike says. i look over at him. "her names eleven." dustin says. "like the number?" will asks. "well we called her el for short." lucas says. "she's basically a wizard." dustin says. "she has superpowers." i whisper. "more like a yoda." mike says. "she flipped a van with her mind, and these agents were trying to shoot us." dustin says. all of us talk over eachother. i stand back and look at joyce. she smiles at me.

one month later

"something is coming. something angry." mike says. "hungry for your blood. it is almost here." mike says. "what is it?" i ask. "it's the thessalhydra, i'm telling you." dustin says. "it's not the thessalhydra." lucas says. "i'm telling you it's the thessalhydra." dustin says. mike slams a game piece down. "the thessalhydra." mike says. "it roars in anger! y/n your action?" mike asks. "what should i do?" i ask. "fireball him!" lucas yells. we all look at dustin. he leans forward. "fireball the son of a bitch." dustin says. i grab the dice and shake them up. i throw them on the table. "fourteen!" we all exclaim. "direct hit! y/n/n's fireball hit the thessalhydra! it makes a painful," mike screeches, " and then! it crumbles to the ground! it's clawed hand reaches for you one last time and, and, and..." mike says. he collapses on the ground. we all cheer. lucas lifts me up in a hug. we chant and circle around the table. "lucas cuts off its seven heads, and dustin places them into his bag of holding. you carry the heads out of the dungeon victorious, and you present them to king tristan. he thabks yku for you bravery and service." mike says. "whoa. whoa whoa whoa whoa, that's not it, is it?" i say. "no there's a medal ceremony." mike says. "oh a medal ceremony? what are you talking about?" dustin exclaims. "the campaign was way to short." will says. "yeah." i say. "it was ten hours!" mike says. "but it doesn't make any sense." dustin says. "it makes sense." mike says. "uh no what about the lost knight?" lucas asks. "and the proud princess?" dustin asks. "and those weird flowers in the cave?" i ask. "jeez what's that smell? have you guys been playing games all day or just farting?" jonathan asks walking into the basement. we all laugh. "oh that's just dustin. he farted." lucas says and blows a raspberry. lucas begins singing about how dustin farted. "shut up." dustin says. "will y/n come on." jonathan says. "bye guys!" the boys says. i walk up the stairs with jonathan and will. "sorry you have to take me home jonathan." i say. "it's no big deal." he says.

"hey wish you mom a merry christmas for me okay?" karen tells the boys. "yeah thank you, uh merry christmas." jonathan says. "so uh, you win?" jonathan asks. "yeah, y/n killed the thessalhydra and won." will says. "good job y/n." jonathan says. "hey, jonathan wait up." nancy says. will and i walk to his car.

"was el pretty?" will asks. i nod. "she had a buzz cut but she pulled it off pretty good." i say.  "she was really, really cool." i say and smile. "ok kids get in." jonathan says.

the end of season one. wow. we got through it.