Prologue

“If you have any questions regarding my report, feel free to raise your right hand and I’ll fill up your curiousness,” I told my classmates as I finished reporting the assigned topic our Prof. gave me.

As I finished talking, they raised their hands and I answered their questions with confidence. Thank God, their questions were not that hard to answer.

I talked and talked until the last student to raise its hand stood up.

“Miss, date tayo pwede?” My other classmates began screaming and cheering him. Tumatawa ang iba at ang iba naman ay hindi na makita ang leeg dahil sa kilig.

How dare you?

“Mister, I’m afraid that you might get scolded with our Professor for asking me in front of her such ridiculous thing. So for her to not get mad, I am declining your offer. Your question is not related with our discussion today. You can take your seat,” I told him that cooly.

Everybody was so shocked. Some of them were already laughing at his reaction ‘cause it’s so priceless! Maybe he expected me to accept his offer because he just won the Mr. Accountant pageant. But hell, nah.

“Bakit naman hindi? Single ka pa diba?” Zane – his name, asked me again.

For fuck’s sake he is so annoying! I eyed our Professor to ask for some help.

“Mr. Cuadro, Ms. Molina already turned you down. It doesn’t mean na she’s single you can already take advantage of her status. If a girl doesn’t agree to date you, you should accept that. Learn to accept, Mr.” Professor Anne told all of us like she is a mother scolding her children for doing something wrong. 

Zane looked down the whole time Prof Anne was talking. He apologized to me and I just simply nodded.

“By the way, please give Ms. Ross ten overhead claps for doing such an amazing job! Gan’yan yung gusto kong makitang way na pagrereporting. Dapat you should be confident at all costs and don’t just read, as much as possible explain everything.”

I bowed in front of everyone and sat on my chair.

The bell rang and it’s our lunch break already. I carried my bag and I saw Charles – my boy best friend waiting outside. I smiled and waved my hand. It’s his birthday on Saturday and I can’t wait to eat lechon and give him my present.

“How’s your reporting?” Charles asked me as I stepped outside our room.

Magkatabi lang ang room namin that’s why it’s easy for us to meet every after class. We are now heading to the school’s cafeteria for lunch. Minsan lang ako kumain sa cafeteria dahil palagi akong pinapabaonan ni Mommy.

“Okay lang naman.”

“Pumayag ka sana kay Zane.” He said at tumatawa pa talaga.

“Huh? Paano mo nalaman?”

“Nasa IG story ni Lana.” Lana is my classmate and palagi niyang hawak ang cellphone niya kaya hindi maiiwasan na vinivideohan niya ang pangyayari kanina.

I just pouted and we continued walking hanggang sa makarating kami sa aming destinasyon. My phone vibrated so I checked it.

Myles:
wya? we’re here na.

Lavendaise:
Outside. Saan kayo banda?

Myles:
katabi ng table ng sa kuya mo

“Magkatabi lang daw ang table na kinuha nina Myles sa kina Ahia,” I told Charles. He was staring at his phone with creased forehead. I poked his arm to catch his attention.