"Why have you brought me a girl Father?" He asked, eyes finding her again. Her bound hands tried to cover her face as she wept.

"She was a gift from the Arabic trader who brought wonders from other worlds." His father dropped his gaze onto the girl.

"She's a peculiar one is she not? Skin like the moist dirt of the earth." The two advisors part the way for the man as he turned his back to him.

"The girl is yours to do with as you please. Consider this an early birthday present." And like that, he was off, the quiet rustle of his robes soon disappearing down the hall. For the longest, he stared at her, fingers suddenly fidgeting. Not quite sure what to do, he cautiously approached her, face still hidden, still curled into into a ball of defense.

"He is gone now. You don't have to do that." But move she did not. Closer he approached until he stood over her.

"Do you understand me?" He asked but no answer was given. Deciding that she didn't know Korean, he took the time to observe her. Her hair reminded him of thick long ropes and they sprawled out in every which direction away from her. Adorned with gold clips, the strands had a pleasing smell to it. Possibly an aromatic oil used by the trader to make her more pleasing for sale. She wore a light colored robe, dirty and dingy. The ratty ends frayed out from wear and tear. She wore no shoes on her feet and they looked abused and rough to the touch. But as his eyes soaked up the pigment in her skin, he felt a strange stirring in his chest.

Kneeling down beside her, he reached out and with a finger, drug it up the length of her arm. At the contact, she shot up and yanked her arm back. She hissed something to him, tongue heavy with a foreign language. It didn't offend him and rather, he smiled some, making her blink in surprise. The smile soon turned into laughter and once he'd stopped, he found his way back to the small table where he'd been studying with the shake of his head. She was peculiar indeed.

TEASER TWO:

Wind sliced through the strands of his hair and he let his head fall back, allowing the body of the horse to transport him to another world.

"Wangja-nim!" Lifting his head, he turned to find the only other person he found he could trust riding towards him on a white mare. Smiling as she approached him, he lifted his hair back from his face, strands that were finally growing after so long of having been kept shorn.

"Did you come all the way from the palace to find me?" She pursed her lips and crossed her arms.

"You should be thanking me."

"Oh?" He asked with a teasing smile.

"Yes 'oh'. I'm the one who has saved you from a day of boring studies. Don't you get sick of it? It's all you do." He clucked his tongue in a reprimanding manner.

"I don't believe I told you to speak to me in such an informal way Tiye." There, through the stubborn pout on her face, a grin teased her mouth.

"I've never done what I was told. Don't you know that by now?"

"Yes and it had gotten you in a fair share of trouble hasn't it?"

"Tuh." She dismissed with a wave of her hand, turning her gaze away from him.

"I could have you beheaded for treason. Hung from the gallows." He said as he observed his stallion nuzzle her mare in a more than friendly way.

Yeonwangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें