Chapter 37

~Seyeon~

I kept ringing him even though he didn't pick up. Something was telling me he was ignoring my calls on purpose and that he's here. In the building.

Screw you, I thought to myself as I ring him again. I'm not sure how many times I called Yoongi but he finally picked up.

"What?" he grunted.

"H-hello?" I stammered, "Yoongi?"

He said nothing.

I cleared my throat. "Are you busy? Can we talk? I'm outside."

"Why are you outside? Go home."

I ignored that pain I was feeling and forced myself to say, "I wanted to see you. Please?"

Yoongi said nothing but I could tell he was thinking about it. This has been one of our worst arguments. I can't stand it anymore.

"Go home," he finally said, flatly. "I'll see you when I'm ready."

"But—"

Beep, beep, beep.

I sighed, glancing down at my phone. He hung up on me.

Well, I guess I do deserve it. If Yoongi isn't ready to talk to me or even see me then what can I do? It's just like how I wasn't ready to talk to him. I'm still not ready and although I really don't want to talk about my past to him, I think it's time. I might break down and show that weak and ugly side of me... Yoongi might even look at me and pity me but at least... I'd be able to tell him myself. Even though Yoongi may tell me I'm a pain in the ass and he may push me away like this but I know that the more he complains and protests, the more I know it will shatter him if I ever leave him.

With this thought in mind, I glanced at the building once more. Since Yoongi didn't tell me that he's busy, I might as well go in and wait for him.

I took a step forward, only to have a hand wrapped around my elbow, pulling me back.

Startled, I turned my gaze to the side and saw man there. He had long hair, a short beard and glassy eyes. I felt a chill just looking at him.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked, trying to pull away from his hold. He didn't let me.

"Do you work here?" he asked me, with a blank face.

I shook my head slowly, "N-no. I don't."

He frowned. "Then why are you here?"

"I'm—meeting a friend," I said, the fear in my voice evident. "If it's okay, can you let go of me, please?"

He said nothing, turning his gaze towards the building. After a few minutes, he finally decides to let go of me. Without another word, he walked out of there.

My heart was racing from the encounter as I watched him leave. That was until I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump.

I spun around and saw Wooyoung there. Immediately, I glared at him.

"Seyeon-ah," he began, eyes not on me but behind me. Did he see that strange man too?

"Goodbye," I muttered, turning to leave.

Wooyoung grabbed my arm to stop me. "Seyeon-ah, let's talk."

I slapped his hand away, "No. Screw you."

Wooyoung sighed, obviously troubled. "Please. We need to."

I glared, "No. Bye."

"Seyeon," I heard him behind me as I walked away. He didn't leave though. He kept following me.

Thinking that he'll probably give up, I didn't say anything and continued walking with him trailing after me.

~Yoongi~ 

Yoongi watched as Seyeon walked away with Wooyoung jogging after her, saying something that Yoongi couldn't hear.

After seeing her from the window, Yoongi took the lift to go tell her to leave, only to see Wooyoung and Seyeon talking right outside his workplace. Seeing them together made his mood worst, not better like the members have stated when they encouraged him to leave practice to see her.

When they disappeared out of sight, Yoongi walked back towards the lift, trying to bottle the anger he was feeling seeing them like this.

When he met Wooyoung, he could tell he was a good friend to Seyeon. Not to mention, he's someone who can protect Seyeon, being a cop and all. Maybe that's what Seyeon needed. Someone to protect her and save her from the memories of her past.

Yoongi released a soft sigh as he stepped into the lift. There, he leaned his head against the wall, eyes closed.

I might really have to let you go, he thought to himself, feeling his chest tightened with the thought of letting Seyeon go. In the end, I might not even be able to keep you even if I want to.