Chapter 11

Ariel's P.O.V

I follow the directions, and they lead me to the middle of the woods. I see what looks like a small shed and head towards it. I see a camera. "Well, I'm here so are you going to open the door or not?" A green light blinks, and I open the door, Ecco was waiting.

"Stay close." She says as I start follow her. There's a lot of twists and turns. That's when I realize we're in a maze. We get to a door she says a pass code and it opens. I walk in and X.W has his back turned to me.

"You wanted to see me well, here I am." He turns around to look at me and I feel the tears start to sting my eyes. "Jerome?"

"No Jerome was my twin brother, I'm Jeremiah." He takes a step towards me and I step back. "I understand that you're frightened and confused, but I can explain." 

"No, you can't be real." I say before turning and running. I don't make it very far before I collapse and let the tears flow freely. How? This can't be happening. Jeroome has a brother? Why didn't he tell me? After a little while I fall a sleep where I am.

Jeremiah's P.O.V

After about an hour, I go to see if she's still in the building. It doesn't take long for me to find her a sleep using her backpack as a pillow. I pick her up and take her to one of the spare rooms. "How is she?" Ecco asks from the doorway. 

"In shock." I reply. That's when I notice the scars on her wrists. "Ecco can you bring me her medical history." I say not taking my eyes off of her. I hear Ecco leave. After a few minutes, I decide I should go get some sleep. Halfway to my room Ecco catches up to me and hands me Ariel's medical history. "Anything unusual?"

"A month after Jerome's death she slit her wrists." She informs me.

"Thank you Ecco you can go home now."

Ariel's P.O.V 

I wake up in a room I don't recognize. That's when I remember last night. Jerome has a twin. My mind is racing a million miles a minute. The door opens and Ecco walks in. "Jeremiah asked me to bring you this." She says handing me my backpack. "Breakfast will ready soon." I smile and nod. I grab my phone and see I have missed calls from Jim and Lee. I call Jim back.

"Ariel, Where have you been? Me and Lee have been calling you all night." 

"I know. I walked around for a while before I ended up at a friend's house. Then I fell asleep."

"Where are you?" 

"Don't worry about it I'm fine." I tell him before hanging up. I grab some clothes out f my backpack and toss them on before walking out. Ecco leads me to the kitchen where Jeremiah is making breakfast. "I'm sorry about last night. You just surprised me."

"No, It's not your fault." He says with a smile I smile back. He looks at my wrists. "Can I ask what happened?" I look down at the counter and shake my head. "You don't have to talk about it of you don't want to." I smile in appreciation. 

"Thank you." I say as he sets down a plate down in front of me. "I have to go Detective Gordon's worried about me." I tell him as I get up to leave. He walks me out of the maze. "Thank you." I walk out of the bunker and head towards the G.C.P.D. When I walk in, Jim sees me and comes over. 

"Ariel I was worried about you."

"I know and I'm sorry I should've called sooner."

"Where have you been?"

"That's complicated." I inform him. He looks at me confused. "I should probably leave." I say looking at Bullock. "Don't worry about me.