On the hunt

-Kei'ral POV-

Ekko and I were running through the streets towards the origin of the signal, little by little the buildings started to turn smaller, until we finally reached the end of the city.

A highway passing through a forest was in front of us. Ekko used her phone to locate the origin of the signal we were pursuing. He found the direction and we were about to run towards it when I noticed something on the ground next to the highway.

Me: Hey Ekko, look at this.

He turned around and came closer to me, seeing the ground at my side. Large footprints were marked on the ground, resembling the ones of a large animal.

Ekko: Are these like the ones from the beast of a week ago?

Me: Yeah, I can tell I have seen these before.

Ekko: Then we are going on the right path.

But suddenly, his phone started to release static and some sparks here and there.

Ekko: What the hell?

I felt my own going nuts inside my pocket too. Seeing that it was not going to be of any use, I used the bracelet to put the phone away before it gets permanently damaged by whatever is happening to it. Ekko does the same as he complains about it.

Ekko: Great, now how are we supposed to find that thing?

Me: We follow the tracks, obviously.

Ekko: So, we are literally hunting down this thing? I like the idea.

Me: Talking about that, I don't have any weapon.

Ekko: Check out inside your bracelet, there should be at least one inside.

Curious about it, I tried it out and thought on taking out the weapon inside the bracelet, effectively making a giant longsword appear. More like a giant katana after a not so close inspection.

Me: Weeb.

Ekko: Shup up! It's a cool weapon!

Me: Why does it have to be so big?

Ekko: To make wider slashes! Or what! You can't lift it from the ground!?

Me: I can, let's go already. The monster is getting away.

We both went inside the forest, seeking for more footprints or other kind of clues of the whereabouts of the monster. Not long after we entered the forest, we found some tufts of electrified fur, however this looked different from the monster of a week ago.

Me: White fur with trails of... crimson lightning? This is...

Some thoughts came to my mind, but I ignored them when Ekko talked to me.

Ekko: Is this different from the other one?

Me: Very...

I then noticed claw marks on a couple of trees around us, and while inspecting them from up close. More and more thoughts cross my mind...

Me: Zinogre...

Ekko: What?

Me: But this one is different... a sub-species...

Ekko: What are you talking about?

Me: I'm not sure... but I'm really sure at the same time.

My head feels like a mess, several thoughts are crossing my mind, but some of those thoughts are... memories?

However, I got thrown out of my train of thought when a familiar voice calls for me.

Soraka: Kei'ral?