You and I

We met at the party. Yes, the typical party romance. I remember how you danced on the dance floor. You swayed your whole body. I was looking at you from other side of the room. Suddenly our eyes met. You winked at me. I stared at you feeling confused. You laughed and vanished to the crowd. The rest of the night I tried to look for you but I couldn't find you. Even tough I saw you only once at that night I still couldn't get you out of my mind. The next few days I kept thinking about you, hoping that I would see you again someday.

Few weeks passed and I didn't think about you that much. Then one Friday night there was my friend's birthday party. The music was blasting loud and there were lots of people. I went to get a drink and passed the dance floor. Then again in the middle of the dance floor. I saw you. Again. When I saw you everything around me stopped, I just stood still. I realized I looked dumb, so I forced myself to go to the kitchen to get something to drink. As I was pouring my drink (the party had good drinks ;)) you came to the kitchen too. I was lost in my own thoughts about you that I almost spilled my drink over the cup. Cladly you came in and said: "If you are so drunk that you can't even pour drinks to the cups then you should go home". Your honey like voice snapped me out of my toughs. "Shit!": I cursed myself. You just looked me, tilted you head and laughed. I blushed a bit. And you laughed even more. I was more embarrassed. But cladly you saved me: "Hey. Now when you are done spilling the drinks to the table, could you pour me one too." I looked at you again. You just raised your eyebrow and pointed to the drinks. "Oh yeah, sure" I said embarrassed. You watched me carefully when I was pouring you a drink. It felt like you were studying me. I liked the way you looked at me. It was full of curiosity and excitement. "Here you go" I said and smiled at you. "Thanks, sweetheart." I smiled at you then you turned away and started to make you way out of the kitchen. I looked you back smiling sadly. Then you turned around and cut me off guard: "Are you coming or not?" It was meant to be a question, but it sounded more like a statement. I was surprised but I still crabbed my drink and almost spilling it around.

We went to the back yard. The music was quieter but there still were lots of people. We sat to the grass. It was warm summer night. There was refreshing breeze and it was a bit dark. It was quiet for a moment until you decided to talk: "I know you were watching me back there". I looked at you and smiled sheepishly: "Yeah, I kind of did". You tilted your head back and laughed. At that moment I fell in love with you. The breeze messing your hair, your closed eyes, your back tilted head exposing you neck, your dimples, which were showing when you smiled. And lastly your laugh. Your laugh was something else. I had never heard so beautiful laugh and never seen so pure smile. "I like your honesty" you said and smiled looking up to the sky. I looked up too smiling. I looked at you. For a moment your eyes were filled with sadness. But that sadness soon faded away and you turned around with a nice small smile on your face. "So, mind telling me about yourself?" you said. "okay..." I said unconfidently. Then we talked more and learned a bit of each other. We laughed and enjoyed each other company. The music was getting quieter. Our conversation had died a while ago. Then you looked at your phone and sighed. "I have to go now. Thanks for the company. And thanks for taking my mind of some things". I looked at you while you stood up and brushed the grass of your pants. I stood up as well. Our eyes met. I smiled at you. You looked at me a bit unsure: "Well see you sometime. I ques." You started walking away from me. "Wait!" You turned around your eyes filled with curiosity. "Mmm... Well... I mean..." I trailed off. You looked at me with raised eyebrow. I finally gathered up my courage: "Can I have your number?" I blurted out. Your face melted and you smiled: "I thought you would never ask". I gave you my phone and you typed your number. You smiled at me again: "Well, bye then" and walked of. "Bye" I mumbled to you back. After you vanished from my sight, I looked to my phone. You saved your number as a "Your savior ;)". The whole way to home I beamed with happiness.

                                                                                                                        Kim Taehyung aka the Sweetheart