chapter 2

Amy was devastated after Beth's death and she was still in Paris with Laurie.

She had cried a lot cause she didn't get to say goodbye to her dear sister.

Laurie went over to her and stood by her.

Amy looked at Laurie with tears in her eyes and Laurie whispered "Come here".

He hugs her and she hugs him back crying and seeking comfort in him.

They hug for a long time and Laurie said "I had to come with Aunt March being so sick and Beth I'm so sorry she was really great".

Amy said "She was the best of us".

Laurie said "I figured I'd be here even if you despise me".

Amy said in their hug "I don't despise you".

She pulled back from the hug and looked down at the ground and back up and said "I'm not marrying Fred".

Laurie said "Yeah I heard about that".

Amy said turning back to Laurie "And you are in no obligation to say anything or do anything".

Laurie looked at her and Amy continued on saying "I didn't love him as I should so we don't need to talk about it we don't need to say-".

Laurie cuts her off by cupping her face and kissing her. Amy kisses him back immediately and wraps an arm around him. After several long moments they pull away.

Amy said still crying "You really mean that?".

Laurie said "Yes I love you".

Amy said "I love you too".

Laurie said "Look I'm sorry about before I really did love you but I shouldn't have sprung that on you like that".

Amy said "It's okay I just thought you were only saying all that stuff cause Jo rejected you and I thought I was second best and I don't want to second best".

Laurie said "Oh Amy you were never second best I know now that Jo and I are only meant to be friends yes I did love her but it was a childish love, what I feel for you is much stronger". He continued on as he got down on one knee he said "Amy March will you marry me?".

Amy said smiling "Yes of course I will".

Laurie slips the ring on her finger and kisses her forehead and gives her a huge hug.

Amy said "I love you Laurie".

Laurie said "I love you too Amy".