Chapter 10 : Hugging a Golden Thigh

Начните с самого начала

“Let me hear it.” The Emperor held his hands and leaned back on his chair.

Ling Xiao licked his lip and said, “Your servant… your servant wants to be on duty by Your Majesty’s side.”

The Emperor raised his eyebrows and Ling Xiao said, “Young Master Lan Wei does not dare to get in touch with Palace Woman Mo Qi nowadays, but Palace Woman Mo Qi does not know the reason. She always wants this servant to send letters, but how does this servant dare!”

Saying this, Ling Xiao stealthily raised his eyes and saw that the Emperor’s face was not blank, happy, or angry. His heart couldn’t help but be apprehensive; even so, he could only thicken his skin and say, “However, Palace Woman Mo Qi was, after all, this servant’s former Master, so this servant doesn’t dare to disobey her. Your servant was distressed by this matter unceasingly and then thought that…”

Speaking up to this point, Ling Xiao paused and pursed his lips continuing, “Then thought that… if I could be on duty by Your Majesty’s side, Palace Woman Mo Qi probably wouldn’t make things difficult for this servant.”

“This servant is crude on everything and afraid that I cannot properly take care of Your Majesty, but your servant is utterly sincere.”

Ling Xiao’s head was pressed against the floor and his forehead felt very cool. With his whole body kneeling in front of the Emperor, he looked somewhat pitiful.

There are many ways to recommend oneself to the Emperor, but the Emperor would not believe them as he was very astute. He knows no one will do things that will not benefit themselves, as a result, Ling Xiao’s recommendation started from his benefits. This kind of credibility is much better than flattering the Emperor, furthermore, this also expressed his frankness. This was what the Emperor liked the most!

The Emperor looked at Ling Xiao, slightly astonished and loosened his grip a bit, before suddenly yelling, “Steward Xu.”

Steward Xu who was waiting outside the door entered and knelt in ahead of Ling Xiao and saluted, “Your Majesty.”

“Arrange this eunuch to Our side.”

“Yes.” Steward Xu paused and then accepted the order.

Ling Xiao heaved a sigh of relief, and secretly smiled. He did it.

“Take him with you.” Just as he was secretly delighted, the Emperor spoke again.

Ling Xiao’s face fell. Apparently, even though he had succeeded, his speech this time had decreased the impression of him within the Emperor’s heart.

However, that wasn’t important at all. With him following by the Emperor’s side, he still had many more opportunities. Ling Xiao pursed his lips in silence and bowed to the Emperor before following Steward Xu out the door.

The moment they went out, Steward Xu went back to sneering at Ling Xiao.

“Such a clever little eunuch!”

Ling Xiao bowed his head, he knew in his heart that in being by the Emperor’s side, the one that would likely be the most unhappy would be Steward Xu.

In this harem, all people did things for one word—favor.¹

The Emperor’s favor would allow anyone to have power and wealth. As a result, everyone was always eager to fawn over the Emperor.