I sped back upstairs, startling Elena. She was down next to the fireplace with Elijah. I got quickly down to them and they stopped talking. I got between them and frowned offended.

"Well don't stop on my account," I commented and grabbed a glass, pouring blood from the bag into the glass. I felt Elena's judgy brown eyes follow my every move. "Stop ogling Elena, it's rude."

I rose my face to look at the teen girl with a smile. She frowned and glanced at Elijah who was behind me.

"I know I'm not your favorite person in the world, but I need you to keep Damon for doing anything stupid. Talk to him, please," Elena pleaded with a forced but gentle smile. I bit my lip and raised my eyes to the ceiling. What did this girl think I was? Her personal life guard?

I sighed deeply and looked at her. "I'll try."

"Get out!"

I heard Jenna's voice come from the hall. I noticed Elena heard that too and took off. I turned to Elijah, who looked at me with those brown eyes. With a hair flip and a sigh I drank the blood.

"Elijah, if you betray us you know that he'll kill me. He knows I'm here, and it's just a matter of time," I stared at E under my brows. He glared at me with a calming expression. His hand rose to my cheek and he stroked it.

"I won't Mirella, trust me."

"That's what you said the last time," I arched my brow and downed rest of the blood quickly, hitting the glass on the table. "And as I recall, it didn't end well."

Elijah frowned and grabbed my face into his hands cupping it. My eyes were forced to lock with his and he frowned. "Mirella when did you-"

"The day before yesterday, when I saw him again. I couldn't handle all of that so I decided to flip the switch. I know when you're old enough it doesn't work as affectively as when you're new, but believe me Elijah I am trying not to feel anything. Because if I have my humanity," I swallowed and stared at Elijah, "it hurts to breathe."

Elijah eyed me with a crooked head. He smiled tiredly and swiftly stroked my cheek.

"And I can't let anyone have that kind of power over me," my whisper dried towards the end. "Now excuse me, I'm going to see how my friend is doing."

I placed a forceful smile on my face and started walking away. I walked briskly to the hall where everyone was. I stopped with a frown and a chuckle.

"Ric hey," I smiled. I guess the turning off emotions wasn't as affective as I wanted it to be, for I still felt glad to see Ric in his own head. He nodded and smiled. "So, how about that drink?"

--

"So you don't remember anything that happened?" Stefan questioned Alaric. I brought Alaric a glass of bourbon, and walked next to Stefan.

"No. It's like I blacked out and woke up 3 days later. Katherine was there."

"Yes our friend Katherine is under compulsion," I said raising my brows with a grin.

"Damon snuck her some vervain, but she can't leave until Klaus tells her she can," Stefan filled in after me. It was like we're the same person.

"Where is Damon?" Elena asked with a gentle frown.

"I saw him go upstairs," Jenna said still slightly traumatized by Alaric's sudden appearance. Elena walked away from us and I sighed. As my eyes changed from Elena to Stefan, who was carefully watching the girl's every move, I wondered would Klaus kill me if I snapped the brunette's neck.

Thump.

My eyes went to Elijah's body that was now on the ground. Jenna jumped with a silent squeak with Elena. Everyone else went into a panic state but me; my face twisted into a cringe and I threw my hair back.