16. Friendship

Normal POV

Instead of lamenting over the fact, the crew fastly stands on their feet to change the flow of direction in a short span of time covered. This will be their only chance to buckle themselves up.

"Listen, Laura couldn't attend the program. There is an emergency on a train where she's currently at. I know it's already too late to move and reschedule our events planned for today but I need all of the possible help you could give to bring a little change of pace on our events..." Yume plead, they are in circles after calling in the members of Music Club.

It was hard at first, every members are scattered around the area with no exact place to be found. With the help of her friends, the number should be rather enough to prepare for their play while the Sports Club are busy with their own business right now.

"Laura-san will be opening the Music Club events, it would be hard if there's no one who could serve as her replacement." The violet haired girl reasoned out, grabbing the attention of the people aroud.

"I could, I'll serve as her replacement for the time being if there's no one." Yume exclaimed with doubt. Taking up for her place isn't suiting with her. She knew that Laura prepared a lot for this moment to come, but all of it were just yanked away from here within a second.

"I already talked to Laura, she even mentioned about covering her up for this time. I could hardly accept her own reasons but there's no way around it... find a replacement or let this circumstance bring regret to the whole Music Club." The blonde head girl recalled her friend's word. A shocking news but she did her best to maintain her composure for the sake of her members.

The thing is, doubt still lingered in her heart.  She was half happy about being onstage more often than she normally would be... but the reasons are not acceptable for her own happiness. Her friend on the other line is suffering and she could not do anything to bring her here in a faster amount of time. It eats her up... she only got the courage to call for a group meeting because Koharu said to her; it would be the best choice she could offer up for the mean time.

"Is it only fine for you... Yume-san?" One member questions- the one beside her took a peak to view her feature. She would casually answer that there would be no other choice left... the others also taken up the chance and proceed to prepare for their event. After a while, the meeting was already closed.

"Thank you very much, Yume-san. We promise to do our best for today!"

"Arigato, minna-san! Let yourself enjoy for the events prepared by the Sports Club."

---

Inside the court, a basketball match is currently occurring inside... cheers of the girls and their squealing would be an enough evidence of their fangirling over the players. 

"Huh, volleyball isn't going on yet?" Yume asked, in pure wonder upon entering the noisy area. Sneakers squeaked reached their ears but the girls on the far side didn't even taken notice of this sound.

"The Volleyball would be after the basketball match." Koharu noticed, fidgetting her fingers on the hem of her skirt. The surrounding would make her uncomfortable and nervous all the time... she's not used to being in a place packed of noisy people.

"I see..." A short answer coming from Yume. They watched the basketball match and settled themselves on a nearby seat, next to the exit. They were amazed to see the skills of the girls, running around the court as if there are tons of stamina stored inside of them.

"They are amazing!" Yume started the conversation, not missing any sight of the girls on the court. After the continuous flow of the game, the final scores are finally tallied and the winning team were revealed.

Soon, the volleyball match already started after a series of warm up exercises. Both team stood on each others place... The right one would do the honor to start the serve. All of the spectator's line of sight are currently focused on the girls in the center. The silence washing over the whole place.

A girl served and as it get past the net, a yellow haired girl acted and received the ball, bringing it in front... three girls are positioned on the front, getting ready and the center quickly hit for a spike... sadly it was blocked and quickly returned to the side of the yellow haired girl and was unable to save the ball from hitting the ground. It was the opponent points.

Yume suppress a gasp, the situation acted fast and the ball moved just like a light. Starting from the spike up to the receive and everything, she could not take her eyes off from the court anymore.

"Amazing..." Koharu gasp, currently in the same state just like her friend. They both watched the play repeat itself before them, eyes fixated in front.

"Shhkkkk.. " An annoying sound broke their concentration away from the volleyball match and towards the orange haired girl beside them, silently staring at them with fury. Koharu regained from her plain state and a sweet smile spread on her face just by seeing the girl beside them.

The fuchsia haired girl gesture towards the angry girl to join them but she only sneer and closed her eyes, getting back on her own world.

"I would like to thank you for saving me earlier." Koharu broke the ice between her and the uninterested girl, who remained unfazed by her actions. "We could also be friends, if you want to!"

"I don't like forming friends with you."

"Ehhh? Why is that?"

"I hated the both of you!"

"You're so cute when you're angry Ako-chan."

"Who are YOU to say that!!!" Ako acted fast and glared daggers towards the fuchsia haired teen. With face red in embarrassment, it would take a lot of practice to get over the cuteness of Ako Saotome... much more adorable when angry and furious, in a right way.

A finger silently pointed on Koharu's chest, making her jerk and glance on the finger with caution. "Never ever say that I'm cute or any embarrassing stuffs in front of my face! Remember that!!"

"Hey! That's rude." Yume centered the two, separating them apart and faced the orange haired teen with a frown. "You're that girl from before, Ako Saotome if I remember."

"Yume Nijino, I clearly make myself clear that---"

"You saved Koharu-chan! Thank you very much!"

The fussing girl stop midway in her sentence and brought a glare towards the blonde haired girl. The mere thought of interrupting her while talking could hardly even registered inside her brain.

"How dare you---ehh nani??" Her tone of voice suddenly switched from angry to confused.

"You saved Koharu-chan earlier so I would like to thank you!"

"I-it's nothing, she can be pretty clumsy for her own good." Ako fumbled with her own words, too flustered to retort a fluent sentence. She rubbed the back of her neck while a sweat dropped from her forehead.

"I'll be going for now but I warn you, Nijino Yume! Keep your distance from Subaru-san!!"

Yume stood there, frozen on her spot and a question mark flew at the top of her head. The girl's last sentence isn't clear enough that it doesn't make any sense at all. Koharu stood beside her friend and watched intently at their exchange of words.

"You're welcome to be our friend, Ako-chan!"

The silent girl didn't mutter any words and just listen on their rambling, though she would likely want to form friends with them... with Koharu for the time being.

They relaxed and watched the game of volleyball in pure silence as Ako would casually steal a glance towards the excited blonde haired teen.

'If only...'